Sprinter refrigerated frieght, does it exist?

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching
Been entertaining the idea of fitting the back 8-10ft of a sprinter to be temp controlled.

Is there freight to justify this? Common or rare?

Sent from my SM-G920V using EO Forums mobile app

dc843

Expert Expediter
Researching
I've seen a few out there but I think it's a teem thing pharmaceutical loads
I mean sprinters dont have any hours of service i can make the same time a team could as long as its within a reasonable distance.

The other guy was speaking of networking to medical producing facilities but i am looking more along the lines of getting a dispatch using load boards to get me refer loads...

Was thinking maybe fxcc would be a good place to talk to since they have that whole big white glove refer straight and TT division, im sure theres loads that come by needing refer 1 or 2 skids for a cheaper rate than straight.

Actually there was a few instances the company i was with called me asking if i could keep the back cool...one time for adhesive for windows and windsheilds....for for glue....so i feel it might be worth the....maybe 3 or 4 thousand it would take to make it happen to have more freight.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
The freight doesn't exist all that much IMHO. Plus it's alot of weight and your burning more fuel and less weight capacity

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I mean sprinters dont have any hours of service i can make the same time a team could as long as its within a reasonable distance.

The other guy was speaking of networking to medical producing facilities but i am looking more along the lines of getting a dispatch using load boards to get me refer loads...

Was thinking maybe fxcc would be a good place to talk to since they have that whole big white glove refer straight and TT division, im sure theres loads that come by needing refer 1 or 2 skids for a cheaper rate than straight.

Actually there was a few instances the company i was with called me asking if i could keep the back cool...one time for adhesive for windows and windsheilds....for for glue....so i feel it might be worth the....maybe 3 or 4 thousand it would take to make it happen to have more freight.

FedEx has or had refer vans. Mostly hauling pharmaceutical from out east and then having to take regular freight to get back there. I talked to a few of the drivers several years back. Everyone was solo. At that time the refer loads paid decent but the other half of loads paid normal rates. If I remember correctly it was something like 80 grand to buy a sprinter and have it up fitted correctly. There testing was very strict as far as refer performance went. I think most owners found over the years it wasn't really worth the high price of admission. It for sure wouldn't be a return on investment to just run a few refer loads a month.