Sprinter high idle stick

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
After dead end searches for an idle stick, and too lazy to make one, I finally came up with items already in the van that worked.

I use this for times when I've been sitting and need to charge up the batteries some.
Pretty redneck, but it works.

First combination that worked was:
My shoe and ice scraper

ImageUploadedByEO Forums1463943005.623651.jpg
ImageUploadedByEO Forums1463943027.024530.jpg
ImageUploadedByEO Forums1463943043.456106.jpg

The things you come up with in a van

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Second post in that thread.
idle stick?

l27727.jpg

That's the one I have. Got it at TA.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Naw it was like 06 when I got it. All I can remember is it was hanging with all the other doodads and accessories, and was on the top row way up high in the corner.

I can't even find one on eBay or Amazon, so maybe they're not made anymore. Most newer trucks wouldn't need them.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I can't even find one on eBay or Amazon, so maybe they're not made anymore. Most newer trucks wouldn't need them.

That's what I was thinking. Not really a needed item anymore. At least for big trucks.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I got mine at the Fort Wayne truck stop for $1.00. Bought two gave one away, still have one to give away. Not needed anymore. I have the switch that RPMs can now be adjusted with Cruise control.

Reactions: RoadTime

ysracer

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
image.jpeg Get a small wood clamp, the metal ones with the plastic clamp ends. Flip the handle so clamp pushes instead of clamps. One end sits on gas pedal, other end catches bottom lip of dash. Micro adjustable by squeezing clamp handle.

Of course the Sprinter, having fly by wire throttle connection, has a mind of its own and the idle speed will sometimes increase and require a readjustment of the pedal position.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
View attachment 13925 Get a small wood clamp, the metal ones with the plastic clamp ends. Flip the handle so clamp pushes instead of clamps. One end sits on gas pedal, other end catches bottom lip of dash. Micro adjustable by squeezing clamp handle.

Of course the Sprinter, having fly by wire throttle connection, has a mind of its own and the idle speed will sometimes increase and require a readjustment of the pedal position.
that seems so high tech compared to my...put a stick to it design....LOL

Reactions: Turtle

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
13265989_1269596566402036_2818838413929591810_n.jpg

The "stick"...for adjustment I just add micro layers of duct tape to the bottom....the notch goes along the edge of the bottom of dashboard...it IS the end of a hockey stick.....LOL

Reactions: Turtle and ntimevan