sprinter 2010

samueltp2

Seasoned Expediter
anyone here is driving a freightliner sprinter or mb sprinter i need info is true the you can get 23mpg????

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The 2010s are supposed to get better mpg than the 07 - 09. The only way you could get 23 out of one is to drive 55 everywhere then it might be possible. Remember in the 10s you are also paying for the fluid for the blue tec system not just diesel.

TheOGExpediterGuy

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
i started off in my 2010 gettin under 18 but before the wreak it was slowly rising an was getting in the low 20's bout 20.3 20.4

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
i have 07 sprinter and i'm getting any where from 21.5 mpg to 25 mpg and i'm using ace's II and a custom blend of oil
called quantumblue 0-40
fast you go lower mileages will be and how much weight you are carrieing

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Did i miss something? Is this pick on TJ week?

Nope, not picking on TJ at all, just stating that the 2010 seem to be problematic and also seems the dealers here don't carry the necessary parts to fix them quickly...

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I don't know about not having the parts to fix them part. I think in Tj's case the dealer is a dodge dealer who messed it up.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
That's pretty good mileage. My new truck is getting in the high 8's to 9's with the Ultrashift and that is with me driving normally, city/highway mix. If I slow down a bit and once the truck gets broken in it might increase from there. :)
That's running 4.11 gears in the rear with an Eaton Ultrashift 5 speed. Turning about 2200 at 65

Towin2Long

Seasoned Expediter
Wow Dakota... that's it???
I am in the towing Industry.... was thinking of getting into expediting but am absorbing alot before jumping in...
anyways.. I have an 07 Int 4300 flatbed w Eaton ultra shift.. running the fun streets of boston.. I am only getting 41/2 to 5 MPG... maybe 7 mixed when I can get to 40 or better. With my old allison I was getting 10 here all day.. Even though we were promised 18% better fuel econ, we are getting 50% less than the competition, and the same as our 08 Ford 550 V10...
but with way more problems with Eaton....
Its awesome that the sprinters get this type of mileage...
not to mention the eaton is difficult to operate in an urban environment... they should have just put a clutch in like they did for the 10 and 13...

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
The newer trucks with the DPF systems actually get worse mileage than some of the older trucks, I am actually quite happy with getting 8 to 9