Solo Straight Truck Companies?

coleman6566

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
US Navy
Are there any Fleet owners/companies that use solo straight trucks? I wouldn't mind teaming with the right person but splitting 40% of a load doesn't seam like you can make any money. I've seen 60/40 on average for van drivers with driver getting the 60 and 100% FSC but I see straight truck teams with 60/40 and 40 going to the truck. Is that the norm?

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It only works out well when you team with your spouse. Only way it would work out is if your household expenses are at a minimum.

Jim Tropf II

Active Expediter
Carrier Management
I have seen it work with non-household teams... just not over the long run. It is typically not a lack of earning money that causes the breakup, people just have trouble getting along over a long period of time. Teams should be making $40,000-$50,000 each driver fairly easily, that is pretty good money where I am from.

Tobster317

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
PTL hires solo drivers. If you don't have any experience you mite have to team for 6 months. 40% is the norm. If you can keep the truck under 65mph you mite be able to make a few extra dollars with the 60% split.

Reactions: Micah Greyman

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
We are leased to Load One and we hire solo drivers. We currently have a position open for the RIGHT person. There are quite a few fleet owners and carriers that use solo drivers. Just dont expect to climb into a brand new truck as a solo driver.

coleman6566

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
US Navy
We are leased to Load One and we hire solo drivers. We currently have a position open for the RIGHT person. There are quite a few fleet owners and carriers that use solo drivers. Just dont expect to climb into a brand new truck as a solo driver.

Does Load One require hazmat or passport? I wouldn't expect to be in a new truck. Just don't know if the money would be there if not teaming. Send me a private message please with your open position and let me know your requirements.

coleman6566

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
US Navy
I have seen it work with non-household teams... just not over the long run. It is typically not a lack of earning money that causes the breakup, people just have trouble getting along over a long period of time. Teams should be making $40,000-$50,000 each driver fairly easily, that is pretty good money where I am from.

that's good money where I come from too

Reactions: Jim Tropf II

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

That is small potatoes where I'm from, in Detroit it's all you need!