Socialized medicine is a done deal

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Debate away..fact is....no matter what, some kind of HC is going to be passed sooner then later....whether be the Dems or the GOP

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
BTW Poorboy, just as a point in passing - I would have thought that as a former L.E.O. (it is you that is the former undercover narcotics officer, correct - or have I got you mixed up with someone else ?), that it probably would have been common knowledge and S.O.P. within the law enforcement community not to inform the potential target of a possible criminal investigation that you were going to contact the authorities about them breaking the law .... dunno ...... mebbe I'm missing something here ......

Of course, "Tomorrow Morning I'm Going to Make a Few Phone Calls, Even though It won't do any Good!!!!" is a rather apathetic state of mind .... so I guess I do understand ..... :(

Yes it is me, But like I said before--I am Retired and as Far as S.O.P. You are Partially Correct But Not 100%.. However, I chose to tell them what My Intentions were It's Not like it's a Top Secret Thing Here, and This Morning I will be going to do what I Have to do!
I Don't know about you, But I am Tired of My Tax Dollars Being Misused by People who Just Think of the All Mighty Buck and The One's who Have the Free Handout Using (My/Our) Money to Buy things That they are Not supposed to be able to do!! I Do Not Believe that Wine and Gasoline are on the List of acceptable Items that they can Buy with a Food Stamp Card!! So You can Try and Berate me all you want But your singing to the Choir when it comes to this!! :rolleyes:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well RLENT, I don't know about anywhere else in the country but here in Michigan, S.E. Michigan to an even greater extent, our law enforcement has their hands full policing elected officials. They really DON'T have time for the more PETTY crimes of drug trafficing, welfare fraud, murder etc. :eek:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
OK now this is getting too silly.

First thing I got to say is that the word Racist is over used and not used here the right way. The word many should use is bigot.

In order for it to be considered racist, there has to be an implied attitude that the person who is making the comment feels superior to the subject at hand. On the other hand in order for the comment to be a bigoted comment, there has to be some derogatory remark made towards the subject.

But with that said Poorboy's comment about the Middle Eastern people is neither racist or bigoted but honest assessment of the people who own the store. He didn't say anything beyond describing the people in a manner that is about as neutral as one can get, hence no derogatory comment was made about Middle Eastern people nor was there an aire of superiority involved which would make it a racist comment.

A good illustration would be this 'those people can't think for themselves so they need us to help them'

This is both a bigoted and racist comment and is used by many of the democrats in power and those who vote for them. Seeing that they beleive that people are incapable to deal with life in general, most of the time based on race, makes it out as a comment from a superior person about someone they consider sub-human.

So let's recap -

Poorboy = comment about middle eastern people describes the people owning the store - so not racist or bigoted.

Vice President Joe Biden = comment about Indian people being great at running 7-11s - is racist and bigoted at the same time due to the fact that many of them are doctors, lawyers, researchers and other high level thinkers.

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
OK now this is getting too silly.

First thing I got to say is that the word Racist is over used and not used here the right way. The word many should use is bigot.

In order for it to be considered racist, there has to be an implied attitude that the person who is making the comment feels superior to the subject at hand. On the other hand in order for the comment to be a bigoted comment, there has to be some derogatory remark made towards the subject.

But with that said Poorboy's comment about the Middle Eastern people is neither racist or bigoted but honest assessment of the people who own the store. He didn't say anything beyond describing the people in a manner that is about as neutral as one can get, hence no derogatory comment was made about Middle Eastern people nor was there an aire of superiority involved which would make it a racist comment.

A good illustration would be this 'those people can't think for themselves so they need us to help them'

This is both a bigoted and racist comment and is used by many of the democrats in power and those who vote for them. Seeing that they beleive that people are incapable to deal with life in general, most of the time based on race, makes it out as a comment from a superior person about someone they consider sub-human.

So let's recap -

Poorboy = comment about middle eastern people describes the people owning the store - so not racist or bigoted.

Vice President Joe Biden = comment about Indian people being great at running 7-11s - is racist and bigoted at the same time due to the fact that many of them are doctors, lawyers, researchers and other high level thinkers.

Whew, I sure am Glad that Somebody Gets It!! Thank You Greg :D

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Frankly, Joe Biden is becoming Yogi Bera.

In 2006, while talking to an Indian-American gentleman on CSPAN, Joe Biden said, "You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.... I'm not joking."
The man wasn't as flattered as Biden thought he might be.

While stumping in Missouri for his running mate, Joe Biden pointed out state Senator Chuck Graham. Attempting to honor him, he said, "Stand up, Chuck, let 'em see ya."
Chuck Graham is in a wheelchair. Smooth move, Ex-Lax.

Right before the election, Joe Biden said in an interview with Katie Couric, "When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, 'Look, here's what happened."
A couple of problems with that one: (a) The stock market crashed under Hoover, in 1929 while FDR was the Governor of NY, and in any case he didn't go on television and talk about it; and (b) to say TV wasn't yet a mainstay in American homes in 1929 is putting it mildly.

During the 2008 presidential campaign, Joe Biden said, "Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. Quite frankly, it might have been a better pick than me."
What a goober.

And my personal favorite, as the primary campaign was just starting, Joe Biden referred to Barack Obama by saying, "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate, and bright, and clean, and a nice-looking guy."
You can't make this stuff up.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The are a few BIG differences between Yogi and Biden. Yogi was just a baseball player and NOT 1st in line to become president if something happens to Obama. Also Yogi, was by all acounts, a pretty nice man, not a man that was a key member of a team that is working hard to take away the freedoms we enjoy as a Nation. Yogi's Yogiisms were FUNNY, not hurtful. OTHER than that, there is NO comparison to the two. Given the choice I would MUCH prefere to meet Yogi than Biden.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
We don't fight drugs. We run a feel good program pretending to fight drugs.
Wow - is that what it's been ?

I'm sure that Poorboy, as former undercover narcotics - a person who quite likely risked his very life on probably more than one occasion - will be glad to hear that that is what you think of his service to society.

While I may well disagree with him on any number of matters, and may even consider him misguided in a number of areas (as he may me) - I do at least recognize that he apparently spent some portion of his career attempting to serve society by ridding it of the scurge of drugs - no doubt at some personal risk.

Feel good ? .... shyeah, right ......

War On Drugs Clock

Our programs have never been more than the mommy repeatedly saying "don't do that sweetie".
Yeah ..... ya might wanna tell that to Stephen Dozier - who, after being convicted on three occasions of purse-snatching to feed his crack-cocaine habit, was sentenced to mandatory life in prison without parole. (Three Strikes Law)

In committing his crimes, Dozier never caused a serious injury or used a weapon - nevertheless he was facing mandatory life in prison without parole - and that didn't stop him the final time:

Washington state revisits three-strikes law

I know, I know .... we just should have executed him instead ... along with the two guys mentioned in the article above that were also serving life without parole ..... for stealing wallets .....

Fortunately, Dozier was pardoned - and apparently he got the help that he needed to clean up his life and become a worthwhile productive citizen.

I'm sure the thought of executing 3 time felon drug dealers is apoplectic to a liberal though.
Well, I really wouldn't know - since I'm not a liberal ..... but it certainly does say an awful lot about how little you value human life.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I'm Standing on what I Said!!
Why am I not surprised ....

You Can put out All of the Rhetoric you want But as Far as I am Concerned they Were/Are from the Middle East
Yeah .... they no doubt are ...... just not from that Middle East ...

I am Not about to Get out any Atlas to See Just where Pakistan is,
Heavens no ..... why bother to do something to inform oneself of relevant data ?

Uhhh ..... wait a sec - a thought just occured to me: are you saying then that you don't know where Pakistan is ? :rolleyes:

You Yourself said that at One time Pakistan was considered in the Middle East!
That's right - I did.

However, only you yourself will ever know whether you actually meant what I graciously conceded.

My guess is that you didn't - but I don't really know that for sure - and I won't ask :D

And I Really don't give a Fat Babies Butt Where it is!!
Well, of course not - stereotyping - and those who practice it - rarely care about actual facts.

Now You Can "Nit Pik" What I said All You want Because I Find it Quite Humorous But I'm Standing with what I Said!! Soooo Have at it :D
Happy to provide a little entertainment :p

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Yes it is me, But like I said before--I am Retired and as Far as S.O.P. You are Partially Correct But Not 100% ..
Well, it wouldn't be the first time ... :rolleyes:

However, I chose to tell them what My Intentions were It's Not like it's a Top Secret Thing Here, and This Morning I will be going to do what I Have to do!
Good - and well done !

It's refreshing to see someone in the private sector who is willing to actually take some responsibility and actually step up and do something about it.

Far too often people have the "it-doesn't-have-anything-to-do-with-me" and "I-don't-wanna-get-involved" thing going on ....

I Don't know about you, But I am Tired of My Tax Dollars Being Misused by People who Just Think of the All Mighty Buck and The One's who Have the Free Handout Using (My/Our) Money to Buy things That they are Not supposed to be able to do!!
On this we would be in agreement.

So You can Try and Berate me all you want But your singing to the Choir when it comes to this!!
I'd imagine I am ..... at any rate, it will help keep you sharp (the raggin' that is) :p

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
1. You confuse the dedicated hard work of the individuals with the political/administrative/legislative idiocy that shackles/inhibits/hinders them from doing their job.

2. I value life but I do not value 3 time felon drug dealers.