Sneaking a lesbian onto the Supreme Court

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It is absolutely an interesting idea ...... if you consider that judges' legal rulings affect normal, everyday citizens, and not only lawyers ... :D

In fact, the case could be made that by having a judicial system which has the all relevant key positions (judges and counsel for the opposing parties) composed only of lawyers, the average non-lawyer citizen is denied any real representation by a true peer.

Why Lawyers Make Bad Judges

That was my thinking. The People have no say or any real input into the rulings that control our lives. I dare say that an everyday citizen would not been part of court imposed busing.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
All
things being equal, it shouldn't matter if a homosexual is a justice on the Supreme Court. But all things are not equal, not since the justices began to interpret the Constitution as colored by their own personal beliefs and agendas. The last thing we need on the Supreme Court is a justice who thinks anormal behavior is normal, and then coloring their decisions based on their own sense of normal.

Equal or not, what beliefs or agendas is a lesbian going to bring to the Supreme Court that are detrimental to the rest of us?

Bottom line, though, is that when they're young and hot, lesbians are gnarly, but when they're old enough to be on the Supreme Court, no, that's not right, no one wants to see that.

Can't argue with that...

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
As someone here mentioned earlier, "Homophobe" may be a made up term....but so what? Are not all words made up by someone? I am quite sure there is a term for an individual who is fearful, intimidated, loathsome, distrusting, etc. of homosexuals. I don't know what that word is but as far as I am concerned, Homophobe, when you break it down, just about covers it. Sexuality is a behavior, nothing more, nothing less. It is not a race, it is not a religion, it is not a nationality. I submit that any of those who would even allow the issue of a Supreme Court nominee's sexuality to be a concern before knowing anything about her record as an attorney is likely whatever the real word for "homophobe" is.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Ok, you make a good point about a NAMBLA member being a specific kind of homosexual, however, I find it very hard to believe that if it were known by the appointer that an appointee was a member of such an organization, they would in fact be appointed...
No argument on that count from me ......

But I think the original point being made by aristotle, was that if one (Obama) wants to go down that road (some might say slippery slope), why not just come out (pun intended :rolleyes:) and go all the way ..... and have no limit to what depth of sexual depravity that would be tolerated (or, more accurately: tacitly endorsed)

It might just be that some see homosexuality and pedophilia (homo or hetero) as being very similar (the same class of thing, sexual perversion) - but largely a matter of degree - with one being far worse than the other, since it inherently involves those below the age of consent .....

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So, since a "phobia" is a mental illness then anyone whose opinion is different than yours on this particular subject is mentally ill in your mind? WOW!! :eek:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Tell ya what...provide me with the proper term and I'll use it. Until then, that is the one I will use..

If I remember correctly from school, someone who is "homophobic" would have an unreasonable fear of "man" as in mankind.

An opinion on homosexuality does not imply a fear at all. One can have a reasonable fear of something or someone and not have a phobia. I don't remember what the correct term for an unreasonable fear of homosexuals would be, but not agreeing with the lifestyle in itself is NOT a phobia. It is possible to disagree without fearing it.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
If I remember correctly from school, someone who is "homophobic" would have an unreasonable fear of "man" as in mankind.
Indeed ..... :D

But I rather suspect that the irony of the perversion of the term homophobic to mean "an irrational fear of homosexuals" is lost on many ..... :rolleyes:

An opinion on homosexuality does not imply a fear at all. One can have a reasonable fear of something or someone and not have a phobia.
But that doesn't further the agenda, so therefore anyone who even has the slightest concern for any reason whatsoever on the matter of homosexuality must be branded as having an irrational fear .... of being homophobic ....

It's propaganda and demonization of the worst kind .....

I don't remember what the correct term for an unreasonable fear of homosexuals would be, but not agreeing with the lifestyle in itself is NOT a phobia. It is possible to disagree without fearing it.
I would assume that the correct term would be homosexual-phobia .... but those with the agenda don't like that moniker (homosexual) ...... so they choose to pervert the meaning of another word: gay

If one is at all familiar with original, true meaning of the word gay, the political motivations for doing so should be readily apparent ..... :D

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Oh, of course this use of the word is a perversion of it's meaning. The entire thing is just nothing more that PC BS.

Many so-called liberal or progressive politicians are pushing the "Gay Agenda". As stated, even the use of the word "gay" is a part of it. Shoot, I don't ever here the correct use of the word gay any more. Sad. It was such a happy meaning.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
Oh, of course this use of the word is a perversion of it's meaning. The entire thing is just nothing more that PC BS.

Many so-called liberal or progressive politicians are pushing the "Gay Agenda". As stated, even the use of the word "gay" is a part of it. Shoot, I don't ever here the correct use of the word gay any more. Sad. It was such a happy meaning.

Yeah, I remember the days of happy cigarettes and happy bundles of twigs....

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yeah, I remember the days of happy cigarettes and happy bundles of twigs....

What in the world are you talking about? OH, wait a minute. I get it now!! :rolleyes: What in the world does that have to do with what I wrote?

The word "homo" I think it is Greek, is the term given to the genus that includes modern mankind. That is just the way it is. A phobia is an unreasonable fear. Just is what it is. The word "gay" is no longer used in it's original meaning. Too bad it was a happy word.

How does any of the above relate to the other "slang" terms used for homosexuals?

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
As someone here mentioned earlier, "Homophobe" may be a made up term....but so what? Are not all words made up by someone?
Indeed they are - however not all words are specifically made up, and designed intentionally with a particular political agenda in mind - that agenda being to demonize anyone who doesn't acquiesce and capitulate immediately to enforced acceptance of the strident homosexual agenda - by labeling them using a word which intentionally imparts the concept of the designee being possessed of an irrational fear .....

I am quite sure there is a term for an individual who is fearful, intimidated, loathsome, distrusting, etc. of homosexuals.
.... uhhhh ..... a rational, normal human being ?

....... sorry, I couldn't resist .... :p (just trying to keep it light ...)

I don't know what that word is but as far as I am concerned, Homophobe, when you break it down, just about covers it.
Hey, if you want to be duped and manipulated into using a word that was coined intentionally to stifle debate and open dialog, and further an enforced acceptance of a particular political agenda .... yeah, by all means, have at it ....

Seems sorta anti-libertarian and more authoritarian to me .... but hey, what so I know ... :rolleyes:

Sexuality is a behavior, nothing more, nothing less.
No, sexuality is a condition, a characteristic, an inclination .....

Sex - as in sexual relations (the acts themselves, of whatever sort) is a behavior.

It is not a race, it is not a religion, it is not a nationality.
No doubt ..... but I'm really not sure what your point is ..... is this somehow significant, and if so, how exactly ?

I submit that any of those who would even allow the issue of a Supreme Court nominee's sexuality to be a concern before knowing anything about her record as an attorney is likely whatever the real word for "homophobe" is.
Well, that's fine - you are certainly entitled to your opinion - but would you also say that anyone doing a criminal background check on a potential child-care worker - rather than reviewing their resume first - is "child-care worker-phobic" ?

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
OK, several things here...
So, since a "phobia" is a mental illness then anyone whose opinion is different than yours on this particular subject is mentally ill in your mind? WOW!! :eek:
A "phobia" is now generally classified as a mental illness, mainly by those who can make money off classifying it as such. In reality, it only becomes a mental illness when the phobia becomes disabling and begins to adversely affect daily activities. A phobia is simply a fear of something, sometimes irrational, sometimes not. The fear of the number thirteen is just stupid, and if it becomes a life-altering debilitating fear, you're got a serious mental problem. The fear of heights is hardly an irrational fear, but it's a phobia nonetheless. The fear of creepy crawly things like snakes and spiders are deeply rooted within the brain. It's a fear that keeps people alive in places like Australia where there are more poisonous snakes and spiders than anywhere else on the planet. Without the phobia of snakes and spiders, more people here would be bitten by rattlers, corals, Black Widows and Fiddlebacks.

As someone here mentioned earlier, "Homophobe" may be a made up term....but so what? Are not all words made up by someone?
Yes, all words are made up by someone, but they usually have a valid etymology, and thus an unambiguous meaning. Homophobe does not. The purely specious etymology of homophobia with the union of homos and phobos would literally mean the fear of mankind. The meaning has become a baѕtardization of not only the original meaning, but of basic etymology.

The term "homophobia" is indeed a made up word, invented initially to describe the irrational fear of heterosexual men who were afraid others might think they were gay. There was no fear, irrational or otherwise, of homosexuals themselves. It was quickly scooped up by homosexuals and then redefined so broadly as to mean a wide range of negative attitudes and resistance to acceptance of homosexuality and homosexuals, to the point where tolerance isn't enough, you must accept and embrace homosexuality and homosexuals as perfectly fine and normal, and if you don't you are labeled a homophobe, and the term becomes a full-blown pejorative with all the negative connotations that come with it, which is ironic coming from a group who so hates labels and pejoratives.

People don't like to be called something negative, to be labeled in an unfavored light, to be the end result of a pejorative, so when someones gets called a homophobia, the natural tendency is to recoil, to question their attitudes and their thinking, and perhaps alter it. The term homophobe is absolutely by design, for political purposes, used ubiquitously as a means of pushing others to accept, to embrace. You asked, "So what?" That's so what.

I am quite sure there is a term for an individual who is fearful, intimidated, loathsome, distrusting, etc. of homosexuals.
There is. It's called "normal".

I submit that any of those who would even allow the issue of a Supreme Court nominee's sexuality to be a concern before knowing anything about her record as an attorney is likely whatever the real word for "homophobe" is.
Yup. We're back to "normal" again.

Equal or not, what beliefs or agendas is a lesbian going to bring to the Supreme Court that are detrimental to the rest of us?
Without delving into meaningless hypotheticals of specific cases that do not yet exist, the agenda and beliefs of a homosexual on the court is almost certainly to have a profound effect on their decisions. Homosexuality is anormal behavior, and is behavior that homosexuals think is perfectly normal. It is behavior that homosexuals want heterosexuals to view as normal. The political and personal agenda of homosexuals is to quite literally force a change in thinking of those who disagree with the normalcy of homosexuality. A justice of the Supreme Court would be in the position of not only being able to force a change in thinking, but in legislating the illegality of not willing to conform to the "correct" thinking.

People who object to homosexual behavior on either moral, psychological or even medical grounds are marginalized and often derided by homosexuals. Because Supreme Court justices impose their personal beliefs and agendas onto Constitutional interpretations, these attitudes of marginalization and derision will, absolutely, affect their decisions.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
From Websters

Main Entry: pho·bia
Pronunciation: \ˈfō-bē-ə\
Function: noun
Etymology: -phobia
Date: 1786
: an exaggerated usually inexplicable and illogical fear of a particular object, class of objects, or situation

Added link below.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/phobia

Last edited:

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
Without delving into meaningless hypotheticals
Yeah right...the Master Thrasher of Minutia doesn't want to delve into meaningless hypotheticals...pull the other one.

The agenda and beliefs of a homosexual on the court is almost certainly to have a profound effect on their decisions. Homosexuality is anormal behavior, and is behavior that homosexuals think is perfectly normal. It is behavior that homosexuals want heterosexuals to view as normal. The political and personal agenda of homosexuals is to quite literally force a change in thinking of those who disagree with the normalcy of homosexuality. A justice of the Supreme Court would be in the position of not only being able to force a change in thinking, but in legislating the illegality of not willing to conform to the "correct" thinking.
Again, I say so what? There are nine justices, all with different backgrounds and beliefs. Do any of the current justices have gay sons or daughters? brothers or sisters?
Could their views be clouded? Perhaps they already are.

People who object to homosexual behavior on either moral, psychological or even medical grounds are marginalized and often derided by homosexuals. Because Supreme Court justices impose their personal beliefs and agendas onto Constitutional interpretations, these attitudes of marginalization and derision will, absolutely, affect their decisions.
Need I say it again? People who live in trucks have been marginalized and derided by those that don't since the advent of the sleeper...opinions differ for all kinds of reasons. Variety makes the world go around...peel back that foil once in awhile. You might miss it...

Last edited:

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
Indeed they are - however not all words are specifically made up, and designed intentionally with a particular political agenda in mind - that agenda being to demonize anyone who doesn't acquiesce and capitulate immediately to enforced acceptance of the strident homosexual agenda - by labeling them using a word which intentionally imparts the concept of the designee being possessed of an irrational fear .....

.... uhhhh ..... a rational, normal human being ?

....... sorry, I couldn't resist .... :p (just trying to keep it light ...)

Hey, if you want to be duped and manipulated into using a word that was coined intentionally to stifle debate and open dialog, and further an enforced acceptance of a particular political agenda .... yeah, by all means, have at it ....

Seems sorta anti-libertarian and more authoritarian to me .... but hey, what so I know ... :rolleyes:

No, sexuality is a condition, a characteristic, an inclination .....

Sex - as in sexual relations (the acts themselves, of whatever sort) is a behavior.

No doubt ..... but I'm really not sure what your point is ..... is this somehow significant, and if so, how exactly ?

Well, that's fine - you are certainly entitled to your opinion - but would you also say that anyone doing a criminal background check on a potential child-care worker - rather than reviewing their resume first - is "child-care worker-phobic" ?
I think you get my point exactly and, futhermore, I think you feel pretty much the same way I do. I would continue this exchange, but, unfortunately, my adult ADD prohibits me from delving too far into this symantical game...

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
In 1991, the Democrats were enraged that President Bush nominated a black conservative, Clarence Thomas, to an appointment on the US Supreme Court. In their twisted thinking, the liberals simply could not abide the idea of a prominent black conservative being placed on such a lofty perch. How dare the Republicans actually show favor to a black man. As the liberal narrative went, only the Democrats were capable of racial equality. No black dared walk off the Democrat plantation. This nomination of Clarence Thomas had to be stopped.

The liberals concocted a diabolical scheme to smear Thomas' good name. Never underestimate the Left's consuming hatred for mainstream America. Enter Anita Hill.

During the ensuing weeks of nationally televised Senate confirmation, Hill and others spun lurid tales about Clarence Thomas. Stories of sexual misconduct which played conveniently into stereotypes. It became the ultimate "he said/she said."

Now we come forward to 2010. Obama would have us believe a nominee( his nominee) to the SCOTUS should be shielded from vigorous questioning into his/her private life. These are lifetime appointments to the highest court in the land. An intensely thorough background check and questioning process will happen in Senate confirmation hearings.

Let the "she said/she said" begin.

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
I always kinda thought that it would be very interesting if a "normal" as in, not a lawyer, was put onto the court. Just a everyday person. I know it would never happen. It is a interesting idea.

I'll Do It!!!! Lol Tell Obumma That his Problems are Over cuz Poorboy wants to be A Justice--Ok? Lol :) :D

copdsux

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Questions for today: When did all you folks make the decision that you would be straight? Second, have you ever wondered if Justice Thomas will ever ask a question, at the Supreme Court? (In19 years, he hasn't.)

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
well gosh...cussing out my darned old mind...reading this thread there's an old lingo running thru my mind and I can't remember all of it for the life of me...

but it's something about "steers and queers"...anyone????:p