Should I use my company's authority?

henboy1

Expert Expediter
I work for a company in atlanta at 90cpm and 14% FSC.
I am thinking about using their authority to find some loads at wherever they send me since most of the time I dead head back.How would I go about using their authority and what do some of the companies on getloaded.com and others require?
I think there is a fee tyhat my company if I want to use their authority.I already have a laptop that I use for my microsoft streets and trips and I know I can suscribe to a wireless provider to get online at some of these locations.
BTW, I have a 99 e350 gas.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
You would have to have your companies approval for this to happen. You would be running under the authority and insurance.

As to whether it is worth it depends on what percentage your company charges you. You will certainly need to know that number.
Most, but not all will be LTL loads. You will be alittle more limited with a van but there are loads out there.

Davekc

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have run several jobs using the company's authority. For me that's an 85/15 split. I do that to get home or out of a bad area. Given the choice of 85% of something or 100% of nothing it's been a no brainer so far.

Leo Bricker
OOIDA 677319
truck 4958
73's K5LDB
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.