should I or shouldn't I?....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Regarding my Produce buying....I had a thought the other day while searching out "Produce of USA" vs "produce of Mexico"....

If I buy the USA produce I am more in likely supporting illegal farm workers...I am contributing to the problem....

OR should I buy Produce of Mexico and try to keep them at home with jobs?....

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Doesn't matter which you buy. Depends on the time of year. It might be labeled USA but all that means is it's a company in the USA. Example. Green beans that are frozen with the name brand Jolly Green Giant comes from China. Mind you I said frozen. Fresh comes from the US. When buying Mexican Produce and products from South American they are sprayed with DDT. Only place DDT is outlawed is the US. If you are serious about what produce you eat buy US Organic produce. More expensive but you get what you pay for. US farmers only can produce 1/3 of the produce needed for American markets. Pickles come from Cucumbers (which everyone knows) those cucumbers are grown in South America and come here daily by container. The Cucumbers in America are used in the fresh produce department and 99% of the pickles are South American Cucumbers.
If you ever get a chance to sit down with a Produce Broker, ask them. You really don't want to know most of it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Regarding my Produce buying....I had a thought the other day while searching out "Produce of USA" vs "produce of Mexico"....

If I buy the USA produce I am more in likely supporting illegal farm workers...I am contributing to the problem....

OR should I buy Produce of Mexico and try to keep them at home with jobs?....

Such thinking requires logic.
image.php

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
All sample numbers....
so you want to buy a car...The parts of said car create 5,000 jobs......the jobs to actually assemble that car 1,000....Car says Assembled/Made In USA....Parts are made in Canada and Mexico...

Now car says Made or assembled in Mexico....1,000 jobs, Parts - Made in USA and Canada..5,000 jobs.

Your choice would be?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
All sample numbers....
so you want to buy a car...The parts of said car create 5,000 jobs......the jobs to actually assemble that car 1,000....Car says Assembled/Made In USA....Parts are made in Canada and Mexico...

Now car says Made or assembled in Mexico....1,000 jobs, Parts - Made in USA and Canada..5,000 jobs.

Your choice would be?

I don't need a car. How do the numbers work for large pickup trucks? :p

Nothing is simple and it is always changing.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
And free condoms are made where?

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Full disclosure? Recently bought a happy meal from mcdonalds for my daughter and was looking at the toy that it came with. Listed: Toy-made in china (no surprise there), plastic bag-made in china (ok), paper instructions- made in china. At least their being up front about it :rolleyes: