Shame on congress and Obama!!!!

Falligator

Expert Expediter
It's a crying shame! Congress can pay themselves but not our fighting men and women with families! Shame for sticking politics before families. There is a time for debate and a time for passing a budget. If congress wasn't paid we wouldn't have a government shutdown. For you Republicans who are cheering this on it's disgusting. Don't put political issues into feeding families! And to the Democrats...you should have passed a budget last year!!!

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

greg334

Veteran Expediter
AND what are you talking about?

The best thing that can happen is a government shutdown, I mean everything but it won't happen. Some people will have to work, but their pay is deferred while others are on unpaid vacations.

Maybe it should be shame on the American people for tolerating the bs that we have in washington and shame on the American people for allowing our military to be used for other countries' problem they can solve themselves.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
I just don't thik NOW is the time for forcing politics into a budget. And Obama should focus on solving this instead of running for reelection. It ****es me off that Congress can pay themselves and not the military if this crisis continues.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's shame on all of them but more shame on Obama and the Senate than the Congress.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well First it isn't a crisis that just happened, it happened in October of 2010.

Second it doesn't matter, everyone will be paid but the pay is delayed. It happens to the citizens and no one is special enough to be above a citizen. However I feel for those who do have to struggle.

Third, the budget is politics and there is no way to separate them. We can make it easier by demanding things like Social Security (and related programs) goes away, the feds take a 40% workforce reduction this year, another 40% next year and then only serve as they are constitutionally charge to do - nothing more.

Yes I agree Obama needs to be a leader but he is incapable of doing that, he doesn't understand what leadership takes and if this problem isn't solved with his intervention, the republicans have a great campaign point to bring up. BUT the republicans are part of the problem, they are willing to compromise on this which they should have stood firm and never allowed a CR to be passed.

Remember we are talking about $40billion in cuts, as I explained to my wife this evening, if I put $16,000 on my table in all 20's, all this BS is about are two 20 dollar bills and nothing more.

It's shame on all of them but more shame on Obama and the Senate than the Congress.

Leo, it is also the house. The republicans are the real problem, not the dems. they compromised on the CR and like i said didn't stand firm on what they promised they said they would do.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Congress AND the President should NOT be paid for the entire period that we have been without a budget. There is NO valid excuse. ALL members of Congress, the President AND the Vice-President should be locked up in the Capitol building and NOT allowed out until they pass a budget that INCLUDES an operating surplus. That surplus should then be used to start paying down the debt.

The FIRST cut should be THEIR pay, they have NOT EARNED it. They have NOT done ANY of the jobs that they were sent there to do. HONEST people would either return the pay for the time they were not working, or resign.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Obama despises the military. He would be MORE than happy to NOT see them paid. IF things ever hits the fan I don't think he could EVER count on the backing of more than a limited number of troops. Most would fight against him if forced into that position. Most take the oath to Protect and Defend the Constitution to heart and most know Obama has little or no use for the Constitution and only views it as a minor obstacle on his quest to become the first dictator of North America.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
It should also be noted that it's not just "you republicans" that are cheering this on, there are some on BOTH sides that think they can gain politically from this.

It could also be said that the left cares more about continuing to fund Planned Parenthood's abortion factories than it does funding the sons and daughters that fight so hard trying to keep this country safe, my son included.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just heard from my son, his pay has been cut by 50% due to this looming shut down. He has a daughter, my granddaughter, to feed, cloth and house.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Boo fricken' Hoo!

Your right, welfare is MUCH better than getting paid what your contract requires. Not paying those who have their lives on the line while you pay yourself? Good example congress!! Way to go Osama BinBidenObama. Cut their pay and send even MORE off to get killed.

I do find that remark you made strange. Are those who DON"T work, like the welfare rangers getting THEIR pay cut?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Pathetic....do YOU have any children in the military......were you ever there yourself?

If I remember correctly he said he was in the Navy during the first Gulf War, did I remember right there Witness? I TRY to keep things straight but it gets more difficult with each passing year. Every year I pack in more and more information into an already packed brain, it takes a LOT longer to sort through all that stuff than it used too.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
If I remember correctly he said he was in the Navy during the first Gulf War, did I remember right there Witness? I TRY to keep things straight but it gets more difficult with each passing year. Every year I pack in more and more information into an already packed brain, it takes a LOT longer to sort through all that stuff than it used too.

If that is correct then he's forgotten what it was like......shame.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Just watched the Senate Democrats on tv crying cause the Repubicans wont agree to what the Dems want in the budget THe Democrats and Obama should be impeached for not doing their job last year they had the power in the House and Senate and White House when they decided not to do their job and put together a budget , pass it , and sign it into law

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just watched the Senate Democrats on tv crying cause the Repubicans wont agree to what the Dems want in the budget THe Democrats and Obama should be impeached for not doing their job last year they had the power in the House and Senate and White House when they decided not to do their job and put together a budget , pass it , and sign it into law

Yeah, they do seem to have a REAL problem with reality. They did not want to pass a budget because there was an election coming up and they were AFRAID to do their job because it might cost them a vote or two. Elect cowards, this is what you get.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
You know what, I don't want any thing special for any one person regardless what they do.

I want these idiots to stop messing around and actually pass a budget.

We deserve to deal with any "shutdown" as a whole country, not with one or two groups being paid money that we don't have - which includes people getting their Social Security checks.

As for your son Layout, sorry for that, but it is beyond one person or any group - this is an issue about the entire country.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You know what, I don't want any thing special for any one person regardless what they do.

I want these idiots to stop messing around and actually pass a budget.

We deserve to deal with any "shutdown" as a whole country, not with one or two groups being paid money that we don't have - which includes people getting their Social Security checks.

As for your son Layout, sorry for that, but it is beyond one person or any group - this is an issue about the entire country.

Yes Greg, I know. Cut their "peanuts" in half. They are of no importance. Cut their medical care too. Just forget the part that says "PROVIDE for the common defense", which the government is NOT doing for the most part. I got an idea, what about NO PAY, NO WORK? Get your pay cut in half? OK, work a 4 hour day then. The military is a REQUIRED government function. No, I don't believe you are sorry about what happens to our military members and families.

Again, congress and the pres are NOT cutting their pay. THEY are the responsible parties in this mess. Why do we allow this?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Joe,
Just to be clear, I do care.

I have been so ripped about asking others here to help out that I have been turned off with a bunch of people here over this issue.

With that said. I have in the past and continue to help out when I can. I used to go out of service (sacrifice money) to go and help out. I don't do that often because of the changes and the reduced need but still willing.

We have a couple families over to have dinner with us on a regular basis, some times I will take the kids shopping or just show up with some food at their homes to help out.

I meant what I said about giving up my social security to help out combat vets who are falling through the cracks in the system, knowing what they go through to get care. I asked you if you are willing to do the same thing but I don't recall your answer.

As of now if they go without pay, I am willing to pitch in money that would have gone for things like new cloths or truck parts to help out. BUT I don't see any talking about doing the same thing except one radio entertainer (Neal Boortz) and surely not here where everyone seems to be b*tching about it.

I am critical of former military people for a couple reasons, one is the b*tching they do about their service or about how bad it was, I don't see them coming together and actually doing much about it. A few are not willing to take the time to even write to congress let alone take time to travel as a group to fight for changes. UNLIKE other groups who actually get things done, they seem to be scattered in the wind which leaves me to criticize them for their inaction when I'm criticized for not knowing what its like to be in their shoes. The other reason is a lot of them are quick to scream when there is something that approaches dishonoring someone in service while ignoring the purposeful disrespect of those who died in the country's service - the care of the deceased in Arlington. I was incensed by the action of those who p*ssed on the dead at Arlington, were you?

If you were, than did you call Dingle, Stabanow or Levin's office to tell them how you felt about this national disgrace?

I care enough that I will fight to limit the use of our military for things like Libya, which serve no purpose for the country or to have them deployed at the whim of the UN. The same goes for a lot of other actions and deployments that seem to be useless. It doesn't help the country when we are sitting in Korea while there is no real threat to OUR country at the same time South Korea is rich enough to actually fund our troops there down to the last penny. The same goes for Germany, there isn't a threat by the Soviet Union nor a need to be in NATO which was to fight the Soviets - we are involved because of our money now, not because there is a higher cause. Libya is a cluster**** of a mess waiting to get a lot worse, it is what Obama needed but it is also a failure before it started because we didn't need to be there.

Furthermore, it isn't my fault that we are facing any thing like this budget problem. I don't give a crap who is getting paid and who isn't, it seriously goes beyond childish reasoning of pay to the basic fundamental question of what needs to be seriously done to fix the political mess caused by both pathetic parties and the people who support them. If it was up to me, I would have a balanced budget amendment in the constitution with a Jacksonian slant to it with increased pay for the military and benefits for combat vets. BUT because we are dealing with a national issue, I strongly feel no one should be exempt from it in order to get it FIXED, no matter who they are or what job they choose to do.