Saw this at the Expediter Workshop in Knoxville

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Interesting I remember in the 90's some carriers had pick up trucks with tall caps on them, wonder if any carriers would take them on now?

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
They had just a blueprint at the expo last year and showed no pickup part......I looked at it hard after seeing that wingstar van.

TeamHutch

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Pretty cool. I'd almost be interested in it for camping. Was looking at these fiberglass ones a while back till I seen the hefty 17k price tag lolImageUploadedByEO Forums1461884221.936376.jpg

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A quick read of there Web site says they don't know much about today's expedite market or vans.

I feel sorry for the person who doesn't know much about this business and ends up spending their money on one of those.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
From their website, listed in italics:
A van is not a safe, comfortable environment for drivers that live/sleep in their vehicle for long periods.

But the back seat of a low roof pickup is?

Cargo is dangerous and dirty – it should not be placed in the same compartment as a driver.

If you don't like sharing space with dangerous, dirty cargo, get a real truck. Not a pickup.

A pickup truck with 4 wheel drive and a cargo box is safer, handles better and is more comfortable.

4 wheel drive and handles better I will give them. But it is also less comfortable and less fuel efficient.

With seating for 5 or 6, it can also be a family vehicle.
All of my vans have been equipped with E-Track on the walls and floor. When we do family excursions I have plenty of E-Track ratchet straps to safely secure the whole clan.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When I started I met a mother/daughter team running a pickup with a very tall whatever it is similar to that. I don't remember for sure but think they were running for Express-1.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's interesting. I guess it would be an upgrade for the pick up expediter people.

I saw something similar down in Virginia the other week that caught my eye. Large similar frame put on a cut away van. It was only the frame which really looked strange since it was not completed. Looked like a DIY project. I was thinking camper, but it looked more like a large Uhaul frame. Got me wondering now o_O

Looked something like this, only with a larger Uhaul style frame.

vwpickup2.jpg

Reactions: brokcanadian

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
When I started I met a mother/daughter team running a pickup with a very tall whatever it is similar to that. I don't remember for sure but think they were running for Express-1.
I talked to them like 7 or 8 yrs ago in OKC. It was express 1