Saturday Night Live trucking company

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Driving across town to meet my family for lunch I saw a truck with SNL as the brand or logo or name on the trailer. It didn't have anything else so I can't be sure but that's what came to mind.

Reactions: Ragman

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
LOGO.png

If it looked that that, that's who they are. They're out of Birmingham, but I know they have distribution centers in Orlando, Houston, Savannah, Lenexa and El Paso. Probably tons of others, but those are the ones I know of, for sure. They mostly distribute bread, Sunbeam, Nature's Own, Bunny Bread. They have contracts with Flowers Bakery and other large bakeries. A lot of what they do is pick up the bread from the bakery, take it to the warehouse, and then distribute it to grocery stores and restaurants (Wendy's) from there. I would imagine they do stuff other than baked goods, but that's just a guess, I don't know for sure.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Becky.PNG

This is Becky Digby Mackintosh, the Executive Vice-President of Navajo Express, which was founded by CEO Don Digby, Sr. Don Digby, Jr is the President of the Denver company.

Below is the logo of Navajo Express as seen on the door of their trucks.

navajo.jpg

If you think that looks more like a white girl dressed up like an Indian than it does a Navajo, you'd be right. Setting aside the fact that Navajo Indian women never wore a headband with a single feather stick in the back (that's from the movies and staged photographs, and from a few Sioux men and 3 or 4 woodlands Indian tribes from the Northeast), Navajos don't have blue eyes, either. Even the girl in the logo didn't have blue eyes. That's a 14 year old Becky Digby.

The original logo was hand painted, and then printed with multi-color printing plates, and the printer made a mistake when working up the blue plate. Whoops. But Sr Digby let it go and used "The route of the blue-eyed Indian" as a catch phrase motto for many years. It's certainly eye-catching.

The Navajo Indians are, I'm sure, just thrilled with this representation of their nation-tribe.

Reactions: ttruck

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes, that's the SNL logo. There was nothing else on the trailer doors or the side I could see and I never caught up enough to see the tractor.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The words "Distribution Services Corporation" might be on the doors. I don't think so, but I can't recall for sure.