Running flatbeds thru Canada to Alaska

GrumpyGrizzly

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Does anyone know what it takes to make this happen? Looking at two Dually Pickups pulling up to 53' "car hauler" trailers thru Canad to Alaska.

Is there any kind of Canadian DOT regulations you can point me at? What's the cost to get across the border if you're hauling commercial?

I realize this is kind of off the Expedite route of things but, I couldn't figure out a better place to place it. We'd be backhauling whatever pays the fuel and then a little "walkin round" money as my pops calls it.

We'd be going from Washington State straight thru to Alaska so we're technically not crossing any "state" lines or are we?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Does anyone know what it takes to make this happen? Looking at two Dually Pickups pulling up to 53' "car hauler" trailers thru Canad to Alaska.

Is there any kind of Canadian DOT regulations you can point me at? What's the cost to get across the border if you're hauling commercial?

I would think you would need everything required to run the U.S. e.g. authority, insurance, etc. a passport, plus permits for British Columbia and possibly the Yukon.
It won't cost you to cross into Canada at Douglas, BC but returning you will pay $10 at Blaine, WA for the privilege of returning home.

We'd be going from Washington State straight thru to Alaska so we're technically not crossing any "state" lines or are we? Any help is greatly appreciated.

No state lines but one international border and one provincial border. Is the Yukon a province or territory?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would think you would need everything required to run the U.S. e.g. authority, insurance, etc. a passport, plus permits for British Columbia and possibly the Yukon.
It won't cost you to cross into Canada at Douglas, BC but returning you will pay $10 at Blaine, WA for the privilege of returning home.

No state lines but one international border and one provincial border. Is the Yukon a province or territory?
and a Canada Cargo number issued by Canada Customs...Yukon is still a territory...

Reactions: Moot

redskunk

Expert Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Army
Since you are leaving WA state and traveling into AK I believe you will be crossing from one state into another. So you are in a situation were interstate rules apply. This is on top of any requirements Canada my have. Just my opinion.

Good luck.