Revisit: Dedicated Bidding teams

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ok at first I wasn't too sure about this....but as most can attest this "new" system is all over the chart...people calling " what your lowest rate?" and stuff like that...
I am thinking teams or calling them "pods" or dedicated teams....3 bidders get 30 trucks...and so forth...instead of this hodgepodge of confusion we seem to have now and everyone scattered ...the right hand doesn't seem to know what the left hand is doing at times....

guido4475

Not a Member
It does get interesting and keeps us on our toes at times...lol. I'm sure it'll all get smoothed out eventually as time goes on..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It does get interesting and keeps us on our toes at times...lol. I'm sure it'll all get smoothed out eventually as time goes on..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums mobile app

It has been almost a year now?....
I think the bidding team would be more effective if they has assigned trucks to keep loaded...they could remember the little things better...how the driver runs, the limitations of the truck and driver...what the driver rates would be acceptable.....now they have to remember the whole fleet and that just isn't possible...

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Funny how ones perspective changes with personal results.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Yes and No Xiggi....we tried the shotgun method...is it working for you?....Maybe a different approach is in order....it never hurts to float ideas...

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ken a few weeks ago when you were on here rubbing your cha ching in peoples faces it was all about being pro active as a driver. You even went so far as to ridicule guido for not following your lead. Now you have been sitting and we get this op.

They do only ask the longest sitters what rate they would take in an effort to get them moving. It isn't like its a daily thing across the fleet. I have been where you are before and didn't like it myself and have questioned their methods but i didn't come on here saying now that i am doing bad we need to change things.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ken a few weeks ago when you were on here rubbing your cha ching in peoples faces it was all about being pro active as a driver. You even went so far as to ridicule guido for not following your lead. Now you have been sitting and we get this op.

They do only ask the longest sitters what rate they would take in an effort to get them moving. It isn't like its a daily thing across the fleet. I have been where you are before and didn't like it myself and have questioned their methods but i didn't come on here saying now that i am doing bad we need to change things.

You know in the good ole days coming on here was normal practice and announcing our loads and where we were going...Now it is called in your face?....really?.....

all I am doing is an extension of some of late night discussions on the telephone with other drivers....and just asking ideas....so asking for different ideas is taboo now too?.....
And no where did I say I am doing badly either...

BTW...Guido and I have a special relationship....LOL....did you even notice him knocking me?.....Probably not...:(

Last edited:

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter

Just got the "how low will you go" call, really I need to cut my rate to get out of Cleveland?

sent from my Galaxy Tab2

guido4475

Not a Member

I think a more appropriate name for you, Ziggi, would be "Mr. Reality"......as you have a good habit (I look forward to you're posts in a positive way) of bringing them into reality with a fair wording...(as you have done to me as well, and made me think) this is a good thing..!...I am not knocking you, as I would in a heartbeat that .....that....that....what is a good name to call Ken today???..lol

Any suggestions??..lol..

By the way, I just got the call from someone in dispatch..."How low you looking to run for???"....After sitting for awhile quietly and patiently, that's the last thing I need to hear..uggghhh!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think a more appropriate name for you, Ziggi, would be "Mr. Reality"......as you have a good habit (I look forward to you're posts in a positive way) of bringing them into reality with a fair wording...(as you have done to me as well, and made me think) this is a good thing..!...I am not knocking you, as I would in a heartbeat that .....that....that....what is a good name to call Ken today???..lol

Any suggestions??..lol..

By the way, I just got the call from someone in dispatch..."How low you looking to run for???"....After sitting for awhile quietly and patiently, that's the last thing I need to hear..uggghhh!

I just tossed out an idea....and I get a lecture ...gee whiz....LOL....

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just got the "how low will you go" call, really I need to cut my rate to get out of Cleveland?

sent from my Galaxy Tab2

Just from a personal standpoint i like that call if i have been sitting. I think it does show some proactive action on their part. Just speaking for myself but everyone has the option of giving their own answer even if its their everyday rate.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
You know in the good ole days coming on here was normal practice and announcing our loads and where we were going...Now it is called in your face?....really?.....

all I am doing is an extension of some of late night discussions on the telephone with other drivers....and just asking ideas....so asking for different ideas is taboo now too?.....

BTW...Guido and I have a special relationship....LOL....did you even notice him knocking me?.....Probably not...:(

Ahhh...Yeah, days gone by... or is that BYE!?!?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

The good old days when most everyone was running yeap those posts were fun. Now when many are sitting they carry a whole new impact.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
point of view....If someone posts they are on a lucky streak...I wish them well...they can cha ching their hearts away....good for them..:).....glad someone is making some cash....it is a good feeling to go on a streak..... as opposed to being just miserable....
Now that you've unfortunately made this thread about me, the whole subject matter has been lost....