Respect the TOE

JCH

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
Man I know I'm new but , you came on a professional drivers forum where as a pro one of the most important things to do is fill up the tank .... uuuuuhhhh what did you expect .... that being said sorry for liking the posts of the other guys and I'll hold mine for the next guy .... heads up to the rest of you!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I've always been one to push the envelope. Didn't bother me to have to walk to the gas station. Seeing how upset everybody got and people jumping to conclusions...
I do think one of the key questions that should be asked before wanting to put you at the end of the line at the soup kitchen is whether or not the walk to the gas station caused the delivery to be late. If the load as delivered on time ,then nothing else really matters.

I do think it's good to know what you can do once the TOE runs out, so I think the first post in the thread serves a valuable purpose. I'm just not sure if pushing that particular envelope is something that should be done while loaded.

I have unintentionally pushed the envelope while loaded twice. Once in New Mexico when I stopped to fuel up in Alamogordo but the lines at the pump were ridiculously long so i figured I'd just fuel up at the next place. But the next place at the next 3 towns all closed up at dark. Finally found one where I could pay at the pump even though they were closed. The second time was in Iowa in the middle of the night when it was like 4 degrees, and the 2 places I thought I could get fuel were either not there at all (whoops) or closed. After the ass-chewing I got from Moot over that one, I don't let it go much under ¼ tank anymore.

Reactions: Moot

JCH

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
The load wasn't late I showed up 3 hours early. It was a 300 miler and I was given 17 hours to get there. Plenty of time to stop and smell the roses

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums[/QUOTE

Then it's a good run and the walk was refreshing!

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
How about always fill up tank. If you don't have money for fuel you shouldn't be expediting.

I could argue that.. I don't always have money for fuel. This past year I have been financing fuel thru the carrier.. It doesn't take long and ya learn not to buy it when there is no work. And to only buy what is needed because ya don't know if you will work the rest of the week or not..

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
How about always fill up tank. If you don't have money for fuel you shouldn't be expediting.

I could argue that.. I don't always have money for fuel. This past year I have been financing fuel thru the carrier.. It doesn't take long and ya learn not to buy it when there is no work. And to only buy what is needed because ya don't know if you will work the rest of the week or not..
It's ashame after all these years you are running so lean.. and in no way do I mean that in any derogatory way.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
The load wasn't late I showed up 3 hours early. It was a 300 miler and I was given 17 hours to get there. Plenty of time to stop and smell the roses

Sh1t Happens. Have had a couple close calls. Worst was getting off I-80 heading to Cali on back roads thru Nevada per Google Maps. Had a half tank when I left the highway and never thought route would not have any gas for over 150 miles. Got down to zero miles til empty with 10 miles to gas, BUT, I carry 2.5 gals with me so all worked out

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Trip planner on pilot app gives you fuel stop locations on your route for drivers who use them

So does the Speedway app. Usually much better prices and properly equals the carrier discounts?? In my mind its seems to be much better fuel also. Most Speedways stations take the carrier fuel cards.. The App will tell you thru the in App filter.
(But that's in my mind and I have a huge dislike for the big box truck stops.)

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Trip planner on pilot app gives you fuel stop locations on your route for drivers who use them

So does the Speedway app. Usually much better prices and properly equals the carrier discounts?? In my mind its seems to be much better fuel also. Most Speedways stations take the carrier fuel cards.. The App will tell you thru the in App filter.
(But that's in my mind and I have a huge dislike for the big box truck stops.)
Owned by Marathon probably a 45-50 cetane diesel ...

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Guys, He was just letting everyone know about the fuel cut off when the light comes on, yall got stuck on running out of fuel in y'all brain don't you. LOL

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter

Could be.. Seems to be a more clear fluid vs the heavy yellow fuel ya get the major trucks stops.. Not always but most of the time. Diesel isn't suppose to be yellow no matter what the tree huggers says. :D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Could be.. Seems to be a more clear fluid vs the heavy yellow fuel ya get the major trucks stops.. Not always but most of the time. Diesel isn't suppose to be yellow no matter what the tree huggers says. :D
mine runs better and more MPG's as well as the lower price...I am surprised more straight trucks don't try and fuel at Speedway...to save money as well

JCH

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
Aren't refineries required to maintain standards in regards to octane and burnable additives in fuel