Replacing Air Ride Seat

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
I'm wanting to get a new seat, so been doing some web surfing on the subject. I really like the National Seating Premier Leather w/heat. Was wondering if anyone has it, or is there a better one on the market?

Sent from my DROID X2 using EO Forums

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
I am doing the same thing and Ive looked at the Nationals, I called down to 4 State in Joplin the Mafia truck shop fellas and they gave me some good prices, I definetly am getting a seat with heat, in fact Im looking at a pair and those seats are Nice. I will prolly do the Installation myself.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Try Superior seating. That's where we got ours and love them.

Sent from my PG06100 using EO Forums

zorry

Veteran Expediter
If you get to the LA area pick up a 10-4 magazine. In the back is an amazing array of services. One is a seat repair man. 25 years repairing truck seats. Sells new and used. Switched our high back seat backs with air lumber left to right for 20 bucks. Theres also a mobile 5 th wheel repair guy, and a speedo repair shop listed.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Elmer's truck seat repair "since 1947" 7834 Santa Fe Avenue, Huntington Park, CA 90255, 323-588-8458

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Thanks, but I don't get to the left coast. But this is the seat I'm leaning towards. What caught my eye was this,

"Features the BackCycler, developed by orthopedic Professor Rowland G. Hazard MD. The BackCycler is an air driven, spinal motion system. The slow, pulsing action facilitates blood flow and reduces disc pressure."

Attachments

• PremiumHD_black_leather_L.jpg
    PremiumHD_black_leather_L.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 44

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
We bought one of the "back cycler" seats for our previous truck from national.
It was a good seat and much better than the stock seat. But if I was to do it again, I would trade the "back cycler" for the heat.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Just reread the OP, maybe the "back cycler" is also available with heat.
I think when we ordered ours it was one or the other.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Yes heat is an add on that's available. And I'm going to add it on. Now have to choose cloth or leather, leather is an extra $374.00 adding heat is $274.

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Sitting at Volvo Dlr in Memphis. Seats Inc has some nice looking seat covers that are heated. They plug into cig lighter. On sale here for $64. Something to think about if you need to recover your seats.

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Depending on how deep your pockets are you can try this a few years ago my brother replaced his seats with captians seats from a dodge c-van they bolted right onto the air ride base without a problem. He had to do a litle wiring swich and fuse for the heat and they were quite comfortable.
and cheaper than a complete new unit.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
It's more of a want than a have to thing I guess, but going all out on this one. I want about all the options on this.

Refer Hauler

Expert Expediter
Get the best seat you can find and get all the options!!!. It's a write off anyway!

I look at it this way, this seat is where we spend most of our time and make most of our money. A good mechanic doesn't use cheap tools. and I don't plan on setting on a cheap uncomfortable seat,just because I saved couple of hundred bucks or so. Most seats wear out and get lumpy over 500 K in my experience

Since I live just north of Louisville I go to the truck show on the last day and pickup a demo seat for about 40% of retail. they don't want to pay to ship them back.