Canada Re: The Paps Rule

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well, We've made about 15 or so crossings since the new rule and quite honestly the crossings have gone rather painless and a bit swifter.
Alot of our shippers now have onhand a fax machine and is readily available. Or we stop in the DX office and fax it from their as the office is just off the 401. We fax almost every paps to our office and they take care of everything even calling us to say the paps is done and we can cross.
POINT of interest...5th Wheel truck stops will fax for free if it's a toll free number and give you the confirmation! or it's a buck a page even long distance.
Also learned The other week our brokers computers were down, the primary inspection Detroit said it wasn't in system and made me aware of the 5,000 fine. I said my confirmation was available upon request(I had DX fax it to the broker) He said to go in. Apparantly the paps was in the brokers computers but wasn't accessable to US customs so hence not in system. The broker had to fill out a System down form and they had to go to front counter!! *lol* In the end as long as you have your butt covered all will go well. nothing to worry about. Just follow the rules.