Rand Paul selling out social conservatives. No surprise.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Government should stay out of "social issues". For the most part, they are just NONE of the government's business.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Social conservatives got Rand Paul elected to the US Senate. He must have some grand strategy to snag the GOP presidential nomination without social conservatives. Good luck on that one. Governor Rick Perry of Texas could be a strong contender if he chose to run.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We should be looking at candidates who would follow the Constitution, and government's role under it, instead of those who would see fit to stick their noses in the lives of a free People.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We aren't a free people. Freer than most, but not free.

Due to the interference of politicians into our lives. I don't know about you, but I for one am sick and tired of being told how I should live my life by a bunch of nincompoops.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Did he take a different position on social issues when he ran for the senate? The Tea Party got him elected and they aren't driven mainly by social issues.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
It's good that Rand Paul is making his change of heart known now. Voters need not be deceived into voting for a weasel or a pig-in-the-poke. Social conservatives are the largest bloc participating in GOP primaries and, to some extent, control the GOP nominating process in early primary states such as Iowa and South Carolina.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If social conservatives have so much power in the GOP nominating process, why do they keep nominating left wing, liberal idiots?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I like those who would mind their own business and have clue what the real world is like. No one like that running from either criminal organization we all political parties.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
If social conservatives have so much power in the GOP nominating process, why do they keep nominating left wing, liberal idiots?
Fair question. The GOP Establishment is the real power to the throne. Social conservatives dominate in early primary states such as Iowa and South Carolina, then Big Money Pacs start to take over.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Need to get rid of both parties. Can't say either can be trusted since both are FAR more interested in their own power and glory and running peoples lives to which ever tune they dance too.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Did he take a different position on social issues when he ran for the senate? The Tea Party got him elected and they aren't driven mainly by social issues.

As I recall, when Rand was running for election to the Senate he left social conservatives with the impression he supported traditional marriage. I will have to research his exact remarks from those days. In the meantime, more recently Rand said the following about marriage: http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/post-doma-rand-paul-fears-humans-marryi

I don't think Rand Paul knows his own mind on the subject. Guess it depends on the day of the week and to whom he is speaking.

Last edited:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Good, hopefully he separates himself from the idiots that want to invade people's personal lives. The social conservatives are a bunch of nanny state, thought police that do way more harm by trying to force the government into people's lives.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Why is marriage ANY interest to the Federal government? Seems like, at most, it is a STATE issue.

This is the problem, ALL side believe that the government should FORCE their ideas on the rest of us. Kinda like the US government sending TROOPS after those who believe in plural marriage. Bet most "social conservatives" won't protect THOSE people.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
We aren't a free people. Freer than most, but not free.

And that needs to change. Republicans are a bunch of busy-bodies with sticks up their arses. They are no better than liberals, when they tell someone what they should or shouldn't do.

Rand is ok by me.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
It's good that Rand Paul is making his change of heart known now. Voters need not be deceived into voting for a weasel or a pig-in-the-poke. Social conservatives are the largest bloc participating in GOP primaries and, to some extent, control the GOP nominating process in early primary states such as Iowa and South Carolina.

Where do you figure he's having a change of heart? He's libertarian in his outlook, like his daddy before him. I think you're butthurt, because the party isn't goosestepping like the establishment thinks it should be.