Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I don't get it
Anytime anything was said bad about the present president
It was blocked out fast and people were fired
Racism.

Speaking of racism, here's some interesting tid-bits of information. Thanks to the incessant media, some of it even surprised me, and I pay attention to this stuff.

Reactions: davekc

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
I don't get it
Anytime anything was said bad about the present president
It was blocked out fast and people were fired
Racism.

Speaking of racism, here's some interesting tid-bits of information. Thanks to the incessant media, some of it even surprised me, and I pay attention to this stuff.

Some of what he said I was already thinking that way

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Some of what he said I was already thinking that way
I knew SE Asia and Asia were over-the-top racist, particularly Japan and China, as well as The Philippines, but India surprised me. The map of the racism was eye opening.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
people these day misuse the word racist so much these days....IF I were to say a ( insert race ) guy should have to earn the job..I'd be considered racist by the liberals..like the term terrorist is getting worn out....heck a 4 yr old is a terrorist...LOL

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I mean in my generation....I remember what the Nips and Squareheads/Krauts did...its hard not to have some kind of hard feelings...you just can't let go...you try but back of the mind its there

what happened with the blacks was part of history, you just can't wipe it clean and start over...
how will kids learn if we cleaned up history and delete the bad parts...

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Racism.

This topic deserves a thread of its own. I know it was a reply to a Trump Card post, but this should get legs and stand on its own as a new thread on the Soapbox Forum. Turtle?

Reactions: Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Racism.
SNIP
This topic deserves a thread of its own. I know it was a reply to a Trump Card post, but this should get legs and stand on its own as a new thread on the Soapbox Forum. Turtle?
I agree. I debated about posting this in the Trump Card thread, because it really only applies in there because many people have taken to calling (and actually believing it) Trump a bigot and a racist. But the ensuing discussion really takes it out or the Trump realm, so here it is.

The question of whether or not you'd like to live next door to someone of another race or culture, and the answers given, show why multiculturalism doesn't work. Look at Japan, one of the least ethnically diverse populations on the planet. They're so racist that they won't even talk about racism. If you are a Japanese citizens and are not 100 percent ethnically Japanese, you're a foreigner. Period. If you have dual citizenship, you must pick one or the other by the time you are 22 years old. Because Japan is soooo homogeneous, racism doesn't exist in Japan. But try to rent an apartment in Tokyo if you are white, or black, or Chinese, or South Korean, or even Okinawan (Okinawa may be part of Japan, but they are not Japanese).

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Ditto Turtle, on the rentals. I was a young Coast Guard Petty Officer newly stationed in Honolulu in 1965. My wife and I were among the first to see the newspaper classifieds for each of many days. Each affordable apartment on my $301 take home pay was amazingly already rented when we arrived. Day after day we were met with the same comment until someone finally showed us the finely printed letters in the corner of nearly every apartment ad; it said AJA. That meant Americans of Japanese Ancestry. In other words, round eyes need not apply. I would hope it is now different 51 years later.

Reactions: Moot and davekc

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The first time I heard about the racism in Japan was probably in high school or thereabouts, regarding US solders having babies with Vietnamese and Japanese women, and the mixed-race babies (and often the native mothers) being viewed and treated as outcasts.

My information on the racism in Japan, or at least in Tokyo, is rather recent. It is estimated that at least 80 percent of landlords in Tokyo will not rent to a Gaijin. For the ones that will, there's a whole bunch of hoops you need to jump through, including having a local phone number in Japan, a local bank account there, an agent to negotiate with the landlord, a local character reference, and a local emergency contact. A bad tenant is a bad reflection on the landlord and the agent. They won't want some ignorance Gaijin throwing wild parties, or worse, setting out the wrong garbage on the wrong day. If you don't speak Japanese, your chances of renting drop from 20% to about 5%. If you're married to a Japanese citizen and she speaks Japanese but you don't, it's still only about 5% because, sheesh, your wife had the nerve to marry a Gaijin for cryin' out loud and that reflects badly on all of Japan. When in Rome do as the Romans do. When in Tokyo, oh, multiculturalism isn't even a thing.

JCH

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
I felt great about my county before and now we are a kind and generous people.

And so we're all on the same page he's not talking about racism he means to say bigotry and so should we.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The question of whether or not you'd like to live next door to someone of another race or culture, and the answers given, show why multiculturalism doesn't work.
This is an interesting and surprising video. One problem I have with it is Mr. Fayza quoting statistics from "metadata world wide surveys". The results of these surveys show that Western Europe and America are some of the least racist countries in the world. There populations are also mostly white. I know white people, a lot of white people. White people lie. Many of these white people are also liberals. No card carrying liberal worth their weight in carbon credits would ever admit, even anonymously to a pollster, that they wouldn't like living nest door to someone of another race or culture.

JCH

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
Scottish,German mix and southern conservative

I'm white as I can be,I have NO reason to lie or for that matter make excuse as some do for my race I judge actions (fruits) not color or economic standing of people,your statement moot, puts me in a category that I do not belong and most people I meet and deal with in today's society do not belong,we are not the white devils that Black lives matter or NAACP would have the rest of The world believe that we are.

I am sorry you have such a jaded out look on the people in our country and I hope you will soon see the truth of it peoples character

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

JohnWC

Veteran Expediter
The problems with some surveys is that sometimes people say what they think others want to hear

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
So I am racist....But not as much as my parents and she not as much as her parents...and I hope my children are less then me....here is hoping we can get it out of the bloodline in future generations...you just can not turn it off...it will take many more to come I believe...

I also believe we shouldn't be changing/rewriting history to hide the racism either....thats just crazy...