Question For Newbies, Wannabes, WishIcouldBeButCantBe

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
If you are one these:

Newbie, Wannabe, WishIcouldBeButCantBe

What regular EO'er poster have you benefited the most from?

Not a "popularity contest" - I just would like some feedback on whom you have derived the most help, insight and wisdom from.

On the other hand - just like momma said "if you can't say anything nice about anyone - don't say anything at all".

Who has inspired you?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I signed a contract with Panther today. Do I count as a newbie? I finally switched over from my old Con-Way contract because the f.s.c. was frozen at $3.55/gal. national average for diesel fuel. Turtle was instrumental in my decision. Thank you Turtle!

I almost met Turtle this morning. I went to the truck stop he was at, but couldn't get him to come out of his shell. I think he is a bit of an introvert. Actually he was sleeping.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Turtle, Terry, Greg, Moot (for comic relief too),OVM, and Team Caffee.

That said, there are nuggets of info in everyone's posts, just gotta look for it.

dcalien

Seasoned Expediter
There is no way I would name names, because if I leave anyone out, they may feel like why did I try to help you. I care about not hurting others feelings.

I must say several people here have helped me. Either with technical advise, or other kinds. Some have helped just by making me laugh at some of the crazy things they write.

I will say I enjoy most those who do not take things so seriously, and joke about things.

Some of the fighting that goes on here reminds me of grade school, but hey sometimes a person just has to let off a little steam.

Thanks to all who contribute here.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That said, there are nuggets of info in everyone's posts, just gotta look for it.

I've got to agree with Piper and Dave. Everyone contributes useful information! Even Lawrence on occasion.

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
Well, I have been struggling to narrow it down to just a few posters who were most helpful.

Impossible.

All responses have been helpful and I appreciate when people take the time and make the effort to help.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Since I'm temporarily down for truck repair, I guess I qualify as a WishIcouldBeButCan'tBe, so I'd say the most helpful members are: TerryandRene, DaveKC, LDB, and TeamCaffee.
And of course, Moot, because laughter always helps. :)

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm not a Newbie or a Wannabe or a Wish I could be, I'm a usetobe, and I vote for everyone.

GoGrammaGo

Seasoned Expediter
I too have learned things from many of the people that post. Some of them I never want to be like when I grow up, but hey... I learned something from them. But most importantly, thanks to Moot, I wash my hands alot more now!!:D

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
As I wannabe reliving the great days of expediting, I am qualified to respond to this thread. I join the crowd in saying it would be unfair to single out the most influential person in the forum membership, but an exception can be made with the following justification I've copied from a certificate that was presented at the 2006 Expedite Expo.

Presented to

Lawrence McCord

Founder and President of On Time Media, LLC, the Parent Corporation of ExpeditersOnline.com, Expedite Expo, Expediter Experience, Expediter Workshops and Expedite-Now

by a grateful group of Expedite trucking industry Owner/Operators, Drivers and ExpeditersOnline.com Forum Members, all of whom recognize and appreciate the sacrifices you and your family have made by your dedication to the dissemination of expedite industry information through numerous electronic, print and live media.

It was through your foresight during the infancy of nationwide expediting that ExpeditersOnline.com, The Expedited Freight Information Center, was established, thereby providing all expediters with the tools to learn and share the peculiarities of their special niche in surface transportation. You developed free workshops in key cities around the country that brought together aspiring expediters, expedite carriers and experienced owner/operators for the open exchange of information pertinent to the success of all concerned. You envisioned, and brought to fruition, the only print digest dedicated to the expedite industry. With thousands of mail subscriptions, and distribution through over four hundred and fifty truck stops, Expedite-Now magazine is becoming a popular source of useful articles and carrier information. You created and professionally produced the Expediter Experience at the Mid-America Trucking Show, and the Expedite Expo, the Nation's only trucking show dedicated to the owner/operators, expedite carriers, and vendors catering to the transportation of expedited freight. The Expedite Expo has enjoyed an unprecedented growth each of the past six years and is testimony to your business acumen, knowledge of the industry and dedication to your fellow professionals.

Given this 29th day of July, 2006 by the men and women of expediting

Reactions: 1 person

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I would say all of these people over ther years.

Davekc,TerryandRene,Leo,RichM,Dreamer,Teamcaffee,
Moot,Trutle,Lawrence,X06col,Ateam,Cheir1122,DoggeyDaddy,RLent,Greg334,Tennsseahawk,Nightcreacher,OntarioVanMan,Pelicn,
Jefferson3000,Arkjarhead,Crazynuff,Dhalltoyo,Fastman_1,Tec1959, and so many more I can't name them all.

Last edited:

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Terry,
Thank you for sharing that!

I have to quote dcalien because he said what I feel, much better than I could.

There is no way I would name names, because if I leave anyone out, they may feel like why did I try to help you. I care about not hurting others feelings.

I must say several people here have helped me. Either with technical advise, or other kinds. Some have helped just by making me laugh at some of the crazy things they write.

I will say I enjoy most those who do not take things so seriously, and joke about things.

Some of the fighting that goes on here reminds me of grade school, but hey sometimes a person just has to let off a little steam.

Thanks to all who contribute here.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Of course he is, and a good one, too: Greg inspires us to think, and be involved, and debate, too.:)
I should have been smart, like all those who refused to name names (um - impulsive is my middle name :eek: It just doesn't look like it on my birth certificate, because my mother never could spell) I left a few off my short list, too: Turtle, Highway Star, Tennesseehawk, RichM.....

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Well for me everyone on here has been a help,either one way or another.There is a lot of knowledge to be had in this group,sometimes you have to read between the lines.So the names are as follows;EVERYONE

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I will go with everyone.
Ya have to admire those that care enough to help others by sharing their experiences....
.............no matter how mis-guided they may be!!!!

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
There has been much helpful & interesting information I have been able to take away from various members on this site, BUT for Courtesy and non judgemental help it has to Terryandrene hands down.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
There has been a long list of people who participate in the forums that have really influenced us, some by asking questions and others by replying to the questions. Not all influence has been positive but with any advice you have to wade through what all has been said and pick out what best fits your situation. We have found many mentors on this site that we reply on daily to keep us on the straight and narrow and making money. I think over all though that it is Lawrence that has most benefited us by having the foresight to create these forums and give us all a chance to network with each other.

Last edited:

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It is an overall great group here. I think a collection of "short lists" would end up being very similar. Kudos to everyone! How's that for taking the easy way out...