Question for both current and ex Panther Drivers

noneya

Active Expediter
What’s the policy when a driver takes home time and requests to be picked up by the co-driver— does hometime end when the driver requests to be picked up, or does it end when the driver is picked up by the co-driver?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Haven't been there in a while but how could home time end and the truck be in service without drivers being in it to pick up a load?

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Panther doesn't really have anything to do with your you or your co driver in regards to home time. Either your available for a load or not. How you become available is between you and who ever else is involved the truck.

armin88

Expert Expediter
What’s the policy when a driver takes home time and requests to be picked up by the co-driver— does hometime end when the driver requests to be picked up, or does it end when the driver is picked up by the co-driver?

None,doesn't matter truck an't in service till you put it back in service.I always put it out of service during home time,doesn't really hurt you at all cause I can be home couple days and dispatch would call to see if i'm interested picking up a load close to home.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

Hometime ends when the driver notifies dispatch of inservice status, which would be when the driver is picked up, no?
That's the policy - in practice, as Armin said, dispatch will call you if they need you, even if you're not in service.
;)

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Do they track hometime ? Limit it ? Or is the op trying to figure when they are back on a board ?

noneya

Active Expediter
Do they track hometime ? Limit it ? Or is the op trying to figure when they are back on a board ?

According to panther, you take hometime as long as you want. They leave it up to the driver and fleet owner to decide how long one takes hometime. This is what I was told.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
According to panther, you take hometime as long as you want. They leave it up to the driver and fleet owner to decide how long one takes hometime. This is what I was told.

That is right. If you want to be home for two weeks that is up to you. Now if you drive for someone, the person you're driving for may ask you to return their truck if your out of service for 14 days. Panther Expedited Services has nothing to do with how long a driver is out of service, unless the truck is out of service for a month or more. They may ask that you go in service or they may terminate you're lease. If you are building up charges for the QC/C-link they may want to stop the charges.