Pilot/Flying J - Frequent Fueler Advantage (GAS)

vanman10

Expert Expediter
Just an FYI: I just posted most of this text in response to another post about problems with an UltraOne card. As an expediter who fills up at the gas pump and not the fuel isle, I really got tired of trying to train everyone at the TA/Petro on how to give me my points after getting gasoline so I just use the Pilot/Flying J Frequent Fueler Advantage card now.
I have no problems with getting or using my points, the kiosk inside Pilot/Flying J work with mostly no problems and I can use my comdata and frequent fueler card at the GAS pump so I dont have the hasssle of going inside to pay.

It was a pain for a few months while they combined Pilot and Flying J points programs but they seem to have a pretty good program now.

Monty

Expert Expediter
Good for you .. does not work so well with me.

I still have to go inside and have them turn the pump on, as my Comcard asks for DL# and state .. which have letters in them, and there is not a alpha/numeric pad on the car side.

Other than walking inside, I have no issues, the fuel desk is getting more and more knowledgeful of the "corporate" card, and the need to add points manually.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you have a bank account it is cheaper to transfer funds from the comdata into your account, it's free once per week and the deposit gets there in a day or so. Then use your debit card at the pump, you avoid going inside and the comdata fees.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Then use your debit card at the pump, you avoid going inside and the comdata fees.

But I don't pay any fees for using the card when I fill or make a purchase, I pay for putting the money on the card and transferring it to the bank. Even if I go to a specific large bank, I don't even pay ATM fees.

vanman10

Expert Expediter
Very good point Xiggi, using Comdata card cost me $2.50. Actually it is only on rare occasions I use the Comdata card at the pump as I usually use my Bank Card. When I do need to use the Comdata I like to be able to pay at the pump and go.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I asked this earlier, but I don't see it here, so I must have messed it up somehow. My connection has been bad today too.

If you could explain to me the exact process you guys are using to purchase gas at the Pilot/Flying J. I will probably use my bank card. Will I be able to swipe the frequent fueler card and get my points showers added at the pump or do I have to go inside for that?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
But I don't pay any fees for using the card when I fill or make a purchase, I pay for putting the money on the card and transferring it to the bank. Even if I go to a specific large bank, I don't even pay ATM fees.

Never came across a comdata card that charges to transfer to your bank if only done once a week. Not something I have come experienced Greg, I thought it was standard with them. They do have different types of cards though. I know I did have to give the carriers a blnk voided check to set that function up.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I asked this earlier, but I don't see it here, so I must have messed it up somehow. My connection has been bad today too.

If you could explain to me the exact process you guys are using to purchase gas at the Pilot/Flying J. I will probably use my bank card. Will I be able to swipe the frequent fueler card and get my points showers added at the pump or do I have too go inside for that?

You swipe your frequent fueler card @ the pump ....and your done....never had any problems......

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App