Pickups & Trailers?

Stevedore

Seasoned Expediter
Is anybody using pickups with trailers to expedite freight? I found a portable storage company that makes a 16-foot storage container (6'8" wide, 7'3" high) that comes with a dual-axle tilt trailer. The capacity is listed as 6,000 pounds. It seems to me that this would hold a few pallets and if the trailer hydraulics could be modified to lift the whole pod to dock height . . .

Stevedore

Seasoned Expediter
What's the name of the manufacturer?

Check out COWS By TrailPods, LLC - Container on Wheels

They have a demo video of a girl unloading a container off the trailer.

The company is TrailPods, LLC - their first product is a 20-foot covered car carrier. TrailPort - Trailpods, LLC.

lg22.jpg

HiRes-Poster.jpg

Last edited:

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
Is anybody using pickups with trailers to expedite freight? I found a portable storage company that makes a 16-foot storage container (6'8" wide, 7'3" high) that comes with a dual-axle tilt trailer. The capacity is listed as 6,000 pounds. It seems to me that this would hold a few pallets and if the trailer hydraulics could be modified to lift the whole pod to dock height . . .

There are plenty of haulers out there with pickups and trailers . Google hotshot hauling . They use flatbeds 28 - 48 ft. long . The container setup you describe would sacrifice too much available payload to the container weight . Most hotshot freight can go on a flatbed . Some is tarped if needed .

Stevedore

Seasoned Expediter
There are plenty of haulers out there with pickups and trailers . Google hotshot hauling . They use flatbeds 28 - 48 ft. long . The container setup you describe would sacrifice too much available payload to the container weight . Most hotshot freight can go on a flatbed . Some is tarped if needed .

This is a very innovative company that has no problem creating new products. They could make the container portion much lighter if it were affixed to the trailer frame. Would there be any demand for an enclosed trailer that could haul regular, palletized loads - up to 4 skids - inside? Would the freight companies care that it's a trailer towed by a pickup instead of a regular C unit straight truck? Would it be a great advantage to be able to hydraulicly lift the cargo bed to dock height?