Pickup Truck

robo37

Expert Expediter
Hello evryone, I was wondering if any companies hire people with pickup trucks. I have an F-350, 9900 GVWR. If their is, I would appreciate which companies they are.
Thank you:)

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I don't know any of the expediting companys that will use someone with a pick-up. Some of the courier companies in your area may. In Elcart In. there is alot of companies that deliver travel trailers, but I don't know who they are.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Hi Robo,

Welcome to EO, I know at one time CTX had pick up trucks in their fleet. Maybe a current CTX driver could update us.

What is interesting, I met a driver about 10 years ago that said he was on with Roberts Express....with a station wagon. At the time I met him he moved up to a C unit.

Thanks,
Lawrence
Expediters Online.Com

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
I agree with Lawrence. I remember when CTX used to have several pickups in their fleet. I have also heard Rumors that Diamond Delivery in Fort Wayne will sign on a pickup. Good Luck.:)

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
CTX Does use pickups, but you will have to put on a double door Cap with an opening of 50"H X 54"W an least 102X54" of floor space to handle 2 skids. It is considered an "A" unit
Frank katz
CTX unit 225080