Canada Paps and Pars

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Why so many different ways to enter fright? Just finished my first crossing found Pars to be wonderfull. Why a A408 and all of the other forms when it was so easy?

Did exactly as required faxed info to the broker, called to make sure they got it, called back in two hours to check on if it cleared was told yes. Drove accross bridge, showed my paperwork with the stickers and was told go ahead. I am scratching my head as why would I ever use fast, or A408 this worked just fine and simple. I will always fight doing it any other way and will most likely refuse the load if they wont do Pars or Paps. Hate complications that dont have to be that way.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When you are going into Canada with automotive production freight, you must use the CSA program to clear it. If you try to do it any other way you will be fined. There is also the time factor when doing a PARS. If you loaded in the Detroit area, you would have to kill some time before crossing to give them time to set it up. I prefer just using the A8A and going to the broker. It generally goes reasonably quick and the officers are more pleasant to deal with than the U.S. side(most of the time).

BonnieMac

Expert Expediter
>When you are going into Canada with automotive production
>freight, you must use the CSA program to clear it. If you
>try to do it any other way you will be fined. >>

Just getting all my ducks in a row to start running Ontario freight. Can you elaborate on this one. Does the CSA program mean using a broker? Why automotive? What CAN go through PARS?

>> I prefer just using
>the A8A and going to the broker.<<

Do I understand this correctly that you have a choice of using the PARS stickers OR doing an A8A with control stickers? PARS stickers mean you don't go through the broker?

Please forgive my ignorance here. I think I am 90% there. Just need to fine-tune the info before going.

Thanks,

RobA

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Bonnie: As I've tried to explain; it depends........
It depends on the driver; registered for FAST (CDRP)?
It depends on the carrier you are running for: See above...?
But most importantly it depends whether the IMPORTER is approved and using the CUSTOMS SELF ASSESSMENT (CSA) program.
If the answer to ALL those things is YES; then you can clear as a FAST load. No broker.
If ANY of the answers are : NO......
then you go through the broker that the IMPORTER uses.
The best way is by a PARS (faxing the documents to the broker...see my other posting for a more detailed explanation) and only if necessary using the A8A procedure.

I hope this helps.