Panther vs Fedex Expedite

Roger B

New Recruit
Fleet Manager
Hi guys i am just wondering what is a better expedite company to go with for my company that i work for 70 some trucks. Is Panther premium or Fedex customer critical better or should i do both? Which pays more per mile and is overall better for rates and customer service? Since it is expedite they should be paying well over 1.70 per mile. Please let me know what you guys think and who has worked with these expedites.

Last edited:

Roger B

New Recruit
Fleet Manager
Well maybe i should of said this before but we already run expedoted with other companies like xpo but its dead and we have dedicated lanes and whatnot. But im looking to expand my expedite drivers with more freight so that is why i ask.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well maybe i should of said this before but we already run expedoted with other companies like xpo but its dead and we have dedicated lanes and whatnot. But im looking to expand my expedite drivers with more freight so that is why i ask.
Ok..... but you joined this site 5 days ago and you are 23 years old and you live in Grand Rapids ... a very good area for expedite freight ... again you shouldn't need Our help ....:)

Reactions: ucfd608

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Not enough information to answer that kind of question. With 70 trucks, you would be better served to contact them directly. Rates could very well be different for 70 trucks verses one.

Roger B

New Recruit
Fleet Manager
Red flag it up all you want man. Whats a red flag for asking a simple question to whats better panther or fedex expedite.... must be a red flag for you to answer my question..... 70 truck 2 trucks either way its the same answer unless they give you better rates if the company is bigger.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Both are good companies, but you have to really see what each has to offer. If your boss has 70 trucks with plans to move them, put a few at each.

Reactions: ucfd608

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Listen to Bruno he knows what he is talking about he has his trucks at fed ex an he was at panther.

Roger B

New Recruit
Fleet Manager
Thank you for actually saying something that i would like to hear rather than people attacking red flags and what not. We have xpo its slow so i signed us up with both and we start thursday working with them. I was just wondering to see which expedite company is better from peoples previous experiences.

Since the older posts are about 3-5 years old we all know trucking has changed a lot since than so that is why i ask this same question 5 years later.

Roger B

New Recruit
Fleet Manager
I seen a expedite load on panther today and there is a chat box there so i clicked it and i asked the panther guy in the chat what rates they normally get for bids and he says it covered so i say for how much and he tells me 2300 from holland mi to laredo. This rate is very low considering it is a expedite run for team.... i mean if this is panthers rates this might not work out. Has anyone else bidded on panthers website for expedited loads and what rates have guys ran most recently?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It you want to make the best rates at either Panther or FedEx, the truck (however many you want) needs to be leased on with them (meaning not leased on with XPO) and not just a bargain basement bid board partner carrier.

In other words, you need to move trucks from XPO to the other carrier.

Reactions: Bruno

str8trk

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hi guys i am just wondering what is a better expedite company to go with for my company that i work for 70 some trucks. Is Panther premium or Fedex customer critical better or should i do both? Which pays more per mile and is overall better for rates and customer service? Since it is expedite they should be paying well over 1.70 per mile. Please let me know what you guys think and who has worked with these expedites.

"Trucks" or vans .... huge difference

str8trk

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
"Partners" typically don't get access to the best loads from any of the expedite carriers ... Unless capacity is tight ... Which it isn't.

wimpy007

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
US Army
Just an observation, with that many truck why limit yourself to jusr expediting. There are more avenues open for semi's in other area's.

Roger B

New Recruit
Fleet Manager
We are not limiting to just expediting we have a certain amount of trucks who only do expedite and than we have the other group of drivers who do other runs that are not expedite. i mainly just wanted to ask which from the two are better in terms for rates and what other expedite companies are there other than XPO.