Panther seems to have a large Cargo Van fleet, enough freight for everyone?

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Been seeing a lot more trucks then loads lately.

Seems like if they all were looking for loads in Chicago or Detroit the answer is yes.

I'm real curious to see where the industry will be come March 15th is when they are promising more loads.

Where do you guys see the industry going for Cargo Van drivers? (no carrier excluded)

Expanding, staying the same or slowly declining with the amount of drivers on road making it more competitive?

BigBadBill

Active Expediter
I guess that new CEO has that supper deluxe Magic 8 ball if they are giving a date that it will get better.

From a plan business prospective, the math doesn't really work that well with cargo vans. But because you can get in it cheap with limited experience I see it getting tighter and tighter.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Overall shippers are getting smarter and more aware of their dept. budgets....these new, young plant manager bean counters will have that effect....

In the old days someone would yell out.."get me a van"......now a days its like they are looking for alternatives before they do.....like calling customer..."do you really need this now OR can it ship overnight with regular milk run?"

Like why ship 2 skids every 4 hours ? When you can ship 3 skids every 6 hours and save 1 van in a 24 hour period...