Panther Orientation ?

dletheridge

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
I know it's two days in length.

Are they only done on certain days of the week or whenever there is enough bodies to fill chairs?

Assuming that during this time they do physicals, paperwork, road tests, paperwork, fast overview of procedures, paperwork?

How does Panther handle things like logbooks and trip pack information? I've heard that they have the option of using electronic logs (please tell me it's not like Werner's). I've also heard that they use trans-flow, with an interesting/usfull tool of being able to scan from your pc.

Thanks

loner1

Seasoned Expediter
Orientations are usually held on Mon-Tue or Wed-Thur. They have them most every week, but I understand that MAYBE during the first week of July they will not be having them due to a driver appreciation week or something like that.

You are correct in assuming that this time is used for drug screens, physicals and of course, training or introduction to company policies and procedures. There is also instruction given on using the QC.

If you are and owner/operator, your vehicle will be equipped with Panther logos, dot/MC numbers, and QC equipment. It is my understanding that they do utilize paperless logs, though there are a few units that are not compatible with the system, hence, paper logs would be required.

I am not sure about submitting paperwork online. I alway did mine at the truck stop - and it was free.

Overall, Panther orientation was helpful. And they feed you (not great food) BUT they do feed you. :D

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If you have a scanner in the truck, and a laptop with Internet access, you can install the Transflo software and scan directly from the truck. That's how I do most of mine anymore. Otherwise, you can do the scanning for free at most any truck stop except the Flying J.

There are a few Flying J's that do scanning, as well as take Comdata, just so you know. They are the indepnendently owned and operated ones. I know the one in Black River Falls in independently owned, but I'm not sure about the scanning and Comdata there. But I am sure about the one in Williams, Iowa. Coor De Lane (too lazy to look it up) Idaho, and Seattle. They take Comdata and do Trip-Pak scanning. And I think the one in Billings does, as well as the one in Hardin, MT (owned by the same guy as the others) takes it, too.