own authority straight truck pay when dealing with agents

southernbboi

Active Expediter
Hello i jump in this business a month ago and been kind of blind folded and have lost a few loads but we live and learn i guess but can someone weight in on this my problem is when dealing with freight brokerages and agents what is the going rates now days what should i be charging by the mile and fuel surcharge should be my gas tank is 55 gallon and goes 6 to 10 mpg thanks

Last edited:

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
seems with the questions you have been asking,your not prepared to run on your own authority.If you have to rely on brokers,you will be behind the eightball from the get go.it could be 21 days or longer befor you receive any money for what your doing.If you factor your loads and get their pay,thats just another percentage of the revenue your giving away.you better read past posts and find a person to drive for til you get some experience.Dont want to seem so harsh,but in my 35 years Im to old to pull any punches

southernbboi

Active Expediter
im not dealing with small brokers im working with landstar and ch agents the loads are there so much i have to turned a few down and the money is with me no later than 48 hours my problem is im just trying to see whats the going rates for straight trucks and making sure im not under bidding the market price

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
im not dealing with small brokers im working with landstar and ch agents the loads are there so much i have to turned a few down and the money is with me no later than 48 hours my problem is im just trying to see whats the going rates for straight trucks and making sure im not under bidding the market price

I will PM you.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
Jumps in the business with no research and own authority????? So many loads he has to turn down loads ???? really????

southernbboi

Active Expediter
ha ha so many of these guys cracks me up and i bet they are driving under someone else belt making happy meal money if i wanna turn down loads i can do so the trucks or paid for im not under no one authority but mines so when i do roll i earn all my pie not the crumbs left over like some of you thats taking shots at give me a few months some of you probably be going the work for me:D

bobwg

Expert Expediter
ha ha so many of these guys cracks me up and i bet they are driving under someone else belt making happy meal money if i wanna turn down loads i can do so the trucks or paid for im not under no one authority but mines so when i do roll i earn all my pie not the crumbs left over like some of you thats taking shots at give me a few months some of you probably be going the work for me:D
No way will I every work for a no good smart Azz know it all like you

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
If I were you, I would start at $1 per mile plus a fuel surcharge of .07 per mile and negotiate down from there. You'll do real good :)

Slacktide

Seasoned Expediter
If I were you, I would start at $1 per mile plus a fuel surcharge of .07 per mile and negotiate down from there. You'll do real good :)

He'll be doing better than some.... heck with no need to log or scale he will get everywhere faster than the rest of us and snag all the GOOD loads before we get there....:p

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
hmmm.... here in this thread, he sayes he is losing loads...in one of his other threads, he saye he is so busy he has to turn offers down...

I hope we all realize that we are "being played" by a troll... for the entertainment of a few others...:rolleyes:

I'll bet that within a few days, he will be gone, never to be heard from again, just like most of the new posters that come in like this.....

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The troll also brags about the size of the pie portion he's getting without even knowing what to bid. At least, I think that's what he was saying in that rambling, unpunctuated collection of words.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
hmmm.... here in this thread, he sayes he is losing loads...in one of his other threads, he saye he is so busy he has to turn offers down...

I hope we all realize that we are "being played" by a troll... for the entertainment of a few others...:rolleyes:

I'll bet that within a few days, he will be gone, never to be heard from again, just like most of the new posters that come in like this.....

Well just have fun with him while he is here trying to make you angry.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

paullud

Veteran Expediter
The troll also brags about the size of the pie portion he's getting without even knowing what to bid. At least, I think that's what he was saying in that rambling, unpunctuated collection of words.

Well the troll was getting .30/mile as a company driver now he gets the whole pie at .50/mile.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App