Our Government an instigator of terror activities?

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
The new anti-ethics | Conservative News and Views

Anti-ethics means: don’t worry about doing things the straight-up way. That’s square. So an Ambassador and three other men died. So what? As long as you’re getting your Free Stuff, don’t worry about it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, Obama lied and our guys died-----did not they say the same about Bush?

So, could not our own leaders be doing terrorists acts under the guise of a political agenda : example- sending billions to our enemies in the Middle East, controlling the Banana Republics in Central and South America. Running guns to Mexico , grant amnesty to illegals and by the way, who are the illegals now? Forcing Obama Care on citizens, writing laws by by-passing Congress to fulfill a personal agenda.

Raising tolls on our roads that never fill the pot holes across Pennsylvania?
Raising gas taxes because the price of gas is cheaper now..
Over all-- someone is running the country now by writing Executive Orders one after another and we just sit here and take it on the chin.

Oh, forgot about our mayors and such that have now made it ok to gun down police officers, you may think its not true,,,,its those underground Political agendas again, disguised inside those political liberal speeches. OK-- back to Walmart...

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The new anti-ethics | Conservative News and Views

Anti-ethics means: don’t worry about doing things the straight-up way. That’s square. So an Ambassador and three other men died. So what? As long as you’re getting your Free Stuff, don’t worry about it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, Obama lied and our guys died-----did not they say the same about Bush?

So, could not our own leaders be doing terrorists acts under the guise of a political agenda : example- sending billions to our enemies in the Middle East, controlling the Banana Republics in Central and South America. Running guns to Mexico , grant amnesty to illegals and by the way, who are the illegals now? Forcing Obama Care on citizens, writing laws by by-passing Congress to fulfill a personal agenda.

Raising tolls on our roads that never fill the pot holes across Pennsylvania?
Raising gas taxes because the price of gas is cheaper now..
Over all-- someone is running the country now by writing Executive Orders one after another and we just sit here and take it on the chin.

Oh, forgot about our mayors and such that have now made it ok to gun down police officers, you may think its not true,,,,its those underground Political agendas again, disguised inside those political liberal speeches. OK-- back to Walmart...
Better get your tin foil hat out, the guys in the black helicopter are coming for you.:p

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
With all of the above in mind, 2015 marks the start of the campaign season for the next POTUS. Would it make sense for the American voters to elect someone not tainted by politics and the "culture of corruption" that's come to exist? Ben Carson is the only possible candidate that has even a miniscule chance, and he'll have to enlist a legion of sleazy political minions to work on his behalf to become a contender. If he starts to rise in the polls, his opponents will trash him with concocted scandals the MSM will be only too happy to repeat regardless of the legitimacy of these claims (remember what they did to Herman Cain?). The whole situation brings to mind one of my favorite songs from college days:
"There must be some way out of here" said the joker to the thief
"There's too much confusion", I can't get no relief
Businessmen, they drink my wine, plowmen dig my earth
None of them along the line know what any of it is worth.

"No reason to get excited", the thief he kindly spoke
"There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke
But you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate
So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late".

All along the watchtower, princes kept the view
While all the women came and went, barefoot servants, too.

Outside in the distance a wildcat did growl
Two riders were approaching, the wind began to howl.

- Bob Dylan

BOB DYLAN LYRICS - All Along The Watchtower

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
With all of the above in mind, 2015 marks the start of the campaign season for the next POTUS. Would it make sense for the American voters to elect someone not tainted by politics and the "culture of corruption" that's come to exist? Ben Carson is the only possible candidate that has even a miniscule chance, and he'll have to enlist a legion of sleazy political minions to work on his behalf to become a contender. If he starts to rise in the polls, his opponents will trash him with concocted scandals the MSM will be only too happy to repeat regardless of the legitimacy of these claims (remember what they did to Herman Cain?).

well put, +1

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Ben Carson believes we need politicians who are "trained in the scientific, empirical study of facts", but he says he "doesn't believe in evolution, because human beings are too complex - the ability to think and empathize didn't just happen".
He is an amazing doctor, but a terrible scientist. And I don't think he'd be a great leader, because he suffers from the same blindness as nearly all the more fortunate [financially speaking] talking heads: the presumption that money is something everyone has enough of. [I refer to his belief that we can solve the health care crisis by "giving everyone a Health Savings Account at birth, to which pretax dollars can be added anytime."
That's great - if you have money to fund it, which too many simply don't. Like Mittens, whose suggestion for dealing with the ridiculously high cost of college consisted of "Borrow it from your parents", it presumes everyone has sufficient financial resources to take advantage of the best ways to save money - nearly all of which require having money to save.
At the rate economic equality has skyrocketed, and continues to rise, saving money [and having kids, owning a home, higher education, etc] will be unheard of for most Americans very soon, if not already.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Eureka! The liberals have already started on the talking points to use against Carson. Imagine a possible candidate for POTUS expressing an opinion related to his religious beliefs. Considering he's a 7th Day Adventist his views on evolution should come as no surprise, but how do they relate to his ability to effectively serve as POTUS? What are Obama's views on evolution? Does he even have any religious convictions at all? Carson also comes from that tainted group - "the Conservative Rich" - who have become successful by their own hard work and therefore are automatically unfit to lead the common people. Of course only the "Liberal Rich" like Hillary Clinton or Elizabeth Warren posses this unique ability to connect and empathize with the working class - whose standard of living has declined over the past six years.
The truth is, as I learned throughout my childhood, lots of smart people are literal six-day creationists. They are not all mouth-breathing rednecks who, with Homer Stokes, rail against “all those smart-*** folks think we come descended from monkeys.” Some of them managed to graduate from Ivy League universities and clerk for Supreme Court justices. Some of them even conduct “impeccable” paleontological research. And at least one of them is, yes, a world-renowned neurosurgeon.

For the vast majority of human beings, even modern cosmopolitan professionals, beliefs about the geologic timescale, the processes of biological adaptation, paleontology, cosmology, etc. exist comfortably outside the scope of their core competencies. I get twitchy when scientific illiteracy creeps into the top ranks of our political class, but, at the same time, I’m forced to recognize that a country in which only four in 10 people believe in theory of evolution seems to function pretty well on an everyday basis.

In the event that you found yourself in Baltimore and required emergency brain surgery, would you, proud secular liberal, let a six-day creationist gay-marriage critic cut open your skull?

If you admit the answer is yes, then savor the irony—and maybe dial down the self-superiority.

Dr. Ben Carson, Creationist | The American Conservative

ysracer

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
At the rate economic equality has skyrocketed, and continues to rise, saving money [and having kids, owning a home, higher education, etc] will be unheard of for most Americans very soon, if not already.

I believe you may have meant to type "inequality" ?

Hope so :)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
... his views on evolution should come as no surprise, but how do they relate to his ability to effectively serve as POTUS?
An executive at any level who chooses to ignore facts in favor of his own beliefs is a liability when it comes to critical thinking and decision making. There is no way that won't affect his ability to serve as President.

Plus, being Seventh Day Adventist, he can't work from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday. I gotta figure that could have an effect on his ability to effectively serve. And if he ignores that little tidbit of dogma, then he can't be trusted for much of anything.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
. . . Plus, being Seventh Day Adventist, he can't work from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday. I gotta figure that could have an effect on his ability to effectively serve. And if he ignores that little tidbit of dogma, then he can't be trusted for much of anything.
I guess that would eliminate any Jew from becoming President also, Huh?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I guess that would eliminate any Jew from becoming President also, Huh?
If they claim to be Orthodox, yeah, I guess. But I never said he should be eliminated from being President, only that being a Seventh Day Adventist would affect has ability to effectively serve.

Frankly, the dismissing of fact in favor of fantasy is far more problematic than a 6 day work week.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Frankly, the dismissing of fact in favor of fantasy is far more problematic than a 6 day work week.
We've been seeing that on a daily basis for the past six years as the basis for running the country's business. Does anyone seriously believe that Barack Hussein Obama puts in a 6 day work week? However, favoring fantasy - or faith - in one's religious beliefs might have nothing to do with how he/she conducts business. I remember questions being raised about JFK being a Catholic and how that might effect his politics, and the same doubts were raised in a subtle manner about Romney being a devout Mormon.

IMHO Carson is positioning himself as a VP candidate, but it would be interesting to see if someone in the future would be prevented from running for POTUS because of conflicts with his religion - be it 7th Day Adventist, Muslim, or Orthodox Jew. Currently there are two 7th D/A in Congress: Sheila Jackson Lee (TX) and Roscoe Bartlett (MD).

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I can't imagine a scenario where someone's religion would prevent them from running for POTUS. Not unless the US Constitution is amended.

I can certainly imagine a scenario where one's religion would make them utterly unelectable, though.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Pilgrim: I expect every candidate to have, and express, religious beliefs. I don't need to agree with them, to decide how I feel they'd perform as POTUS, because it isn't [or shouldn't be] part of the job.
When a candidate says he believes people with scientific, empirical, fact based decision training, I am behind him on that, 100%.
When he then says he "doesn't believe in evolution", which has been validated and affirmed repeatedly, and never once discredited, I am amazed. Worse, his reason has nothing to do with faulty science, or anything reasonable, but simply because he thinks human beings are too complicated to have evolved. As if science has learned everything we will ever know, and there are no further discoveries to be made: case closed.
One who rejects the facts that don't support his viewpoint [for which there are not, and never have been, any facts whatsoever in support of] is simply not leadership material.
Your response does not address that little problem at all.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
If I were in Baltimore and needed emergency brain surgery, the doctor's religious and/or political views wouldn't enter into the decision, and Dr Carson's ridiculous attempt at pretending otherwise is pretty lame for a really smart man.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If I were in Baltimore and needed emergency brain surgery, the doctor's religious and/or political views wouldn't enter into the decision, and Dr Carson's ridiculous attempt at pretending otherwise is pretty lame for a really smart man.
That's because religion makes you stupid. Case in point, you have millions of people every day, five times a day, kneel and pray in the direction of Mecca, not realizing that on a spherical Earth they are praying directly towards the blackness of open space.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
. . . not realizing that on a spherical Earth they are praying directly towards the blackness of open space.
What do you mean spherical?

Now you tell me!
hqdefault.jpg