On-dekk trans, llc

dad4evr1

Seasoned Expediter
Formerly known as JD Clark Logistics...I work for them and wasn't informed the change was eminent, not cool! Was anyone else aware beforehand?

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I think John Clark and his partner Rob Bonello split the companies up. Rob is taking the expredite vehicles and starting On-Dekk and John is going back to focus on tractors with JD Clark.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
John is still working with a handful of expediters. Disaster cleanup, if you will. To answer the original post, no one we know knew for certain - it was rumored - until it was spoken directly by John himself to each individual that was caught up in the poorly handled fray.

I take from the original post that if a driver didn't get "the call" that was questionable in its reasoning OR they did and in turn didn't follow through, they may have not known beforehand.

"Bruises fade and bones will mend-but a psyche can be ruined FOREVER" : LisaLouHoo, c. 2008

Last edited:

dad4evr1

Seasoned Expediter
In their defense, I did take 2 weeks off during the whole process...not saying anything improper was done, just surprised when I called in this morning to go back on duty. I had an exhausting 6 weeks out that included 2 west coast stints and I live in VA so I wanted some downtime with the g-babies. :^) Thanks for the replies.

JOHNCLARK

Expert Expediter
This is true, Rob will be taking the vans and sprinters and we both will be involved in OnDekk. Although nothing new, it's not official just yet.

We are working to set up and get prepared, some owners have been notified and some have not. Only certain circumstances warrant any notice right now.

It would be the same as if I told my owners before we where prepared I would catch heat.

In reality, Rob and his staff are still in place, the office is still there and the phones are ringing. Only the companyname will change.

I will be going back to concentrate on straight truck and tractors and my Canadian freight. I can only do so much without getting spread too thin.

Any questions can be directed to Rob at their office during normal business hours.

This should come as no surprise, but I wish Rob, his staff and all the owners the best and will still be around to support the new venture. And he will be in touch with all affected by the change as needed.

Thanks again to everyone for your support!!

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
Formerly known as JD Clark Logistics...I work for them and wasn't informed the change was eminent, not cool! Was anyone else aware beforehand?

I am happy and yet befuddled that you didn't get your behind jumped on by that certain group of posters: the accusatory, confused, bored, partially illiterate, and just plain stupid...like more than one of us has when we try to share an experience with any carriers. Good for you...

"Bruises fade and bones will mend-but a psyche can be ruined FOREVER" : LisaLouHoo, c. 2008

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
This is true, Rob will be taking the vans and sprinters and we both will be involved in OnDekk. Although nothing new, it's not official just yet.

We are working to set up and get prepared, some owners have been notified and some have not. Only certain circumstances warrant any notice right now.

It would be the same as if I told my owners before we where prepared I would catch heat.

In reality, Rob and his staff are still in place, the office is still there and the phones are ringing. Only the companyname will change.

I will be going back to concentrate on straight truck and tractors and my Canadian freight. I can only do so much without getting spread too thin.

Any questions can be directed to Rob at their office during normal business hours.

This should come as no surprise, but I wish Rob, his staff and all the owners the best and will still be around to support the new venture. And he will be in touch with all affected by the change as needed.

Thanks again to everyone for your support!!

Good luck to you, John. Give me a call when you have a chance.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I am happy and yet befuddled that you didn't get your behind jumped on by that certain group of posters: the accusatory, confused, bored, partially illiterate, and just plain stupid...like more than one of us has when we try to share an experience with any carriers. Good for you...

He just asked a question about a concern he had experienced with his company? Why would anyone jump on him?

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
He just asked a question about a concern he had experienced with his company? Why would anyone jump on him?

No one should...indeed. PM coming.

BeecherKen

Active Expediter

That's because YOU didn't start this thread....and you know that is true. Ya flippin' whiner, LOL! ( Ow ow ow...Don't hurt me!!!!)

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What is this "Halo Burger" of which you speak? I am but a lowly East Coaster; please be gentle :D