It's a Team's Life Odd question at Border Patrol Check Point

chillout

Administrator
Staff member
On Time Media Staff
So something funny happened to us last week when going through a United States Border Patrol Check Point... yes we are still here to tell about it.

Over the years we have been through many check stations and since our daughter has a Belgian Malinos dog I enjoy watching the border patrol dogs work as we go through. We have always found the Border Patrol to be professional and courteous and in some instances funny.

While driving through a remote checkpoint early in the morning I was stopped and as usual I mentioned they had a beautiful dog. As I was the only vehicle in site I was not worried about holding up traffic by mentioning the dog. Next I was asked if I was alone in the truck and I said no my husband was asleep in the back. One of the officers asked if they needed to see him. I said well he is kind of scary first thing in the morning but I can wake him up for you. They both laughed and said no go on and have a great day.

Today though we were in for a new experience as we headed north out of Laredo towards San Antonio.

READ MORE...

Reactions: Ragman

TeamPaul

Expert Expediter
Researching
I almost missed it... I could not figure why TeamCaffee was in a tractor trailer(?) And then I reread the article and realized that you were being asked to help move another driver-less truck for the patrol agents? Cool!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Odd that they'd put a civilian into a truck they'd just found two people hiding in, without first checking that it was safe to do so.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Odd that they'd put a civilian into a truck they'd just found two people hiding in, without first checking that it was safe to do so.
Yeah, I thought the same thing. Not cool.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
They did check the truck as it was inspected inside and out by people as well as a dog. They were very nice guys and they had a sense of humor which made it fun.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I almost missed it... I could not figure why TeamCaffee was in a tractor trailer(?) And then I reread the article and realized that you were being asked to help move another driver-less truck for the patrol agents? Cool!
Thanks for clearing that up. I was pretty confused reading it.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Linda and Bob are now safely home and out of service for a short time while they resupply at the nearest Walmart in Bowling Green. They let the Caffcadia rest and took their personal vehicle to market.
Buggy 1.JPG

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Hey Moot isn't that a cool sight at the Walmart? I have not seen many Walmarts that supply a nice shed and the tools to clean up after the horse in their parking lot.

Reactions: TeamPaul

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've been to that Walmart a few times since it opened and never noticed the shed until Friday. Maybe I have noticed it but it didn't register until I saw the horse and buggy in it.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
The shed has been there since we moved to the area in 2009 and probably the only reason we noticed it was that our daughter pointed it out. Next time you are in the area let us know and we could at least meet you for a coffee or a meal.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Next time I'm in the area will you be home? I could always slide over and cut your grass.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Well you never know when we will be home and I know our daughter would be thrilled if you cut the grass but you realize there are a few acres of this stuff? Really though Moot after all of these years it would be nice to have a visit and we will not make you work for your coffee.

Reactions: Moot