No Forced Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
Chef and OVM you both need to chill on the cheerleading a little. Both of you speak highly of Load 1 and thats fine. However the reality is every single load does not pay over the top and the image you potray to others is not factual nor reality. Most see through this but others do not.

Chef I have stood next to you when you received a call from dispatch and asked the rate, and Ken when I was in Laredo 2 weeks ago with you, you were willing to run a 1700 mile load for a rate that you would crucified on EO if others knew.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Im really curious as to who the OP. The only Charlie I know drives for a fleet owner and that fleet owner tells them to turn down the short loads as I understand it. So, if turn downs got him terminated, the fleet owner would be partially responsible at least.

I havent been with Load One but a few months now and Ive turned down a few loads without a problem.

DD...its all relative to your experience. The Fed is the only carrier you've ever leased to, so you know you have to cover yourself everytine the phone rings. I know that you guys probably run for pretty good rates, its just a different approach in the load acceptance.

I could have taken every load offered at LoadOne since Ive been here and Im fairly sure I would still be well above my $1/mile all miles goal for the van.

Its not a big change for me since C&M was flat rate. Most of their dispatches were "gotcha a load, picks up in xxxxx, xx at xx:00...we'll get you the rest of the info when we get it...just need ya movin". I trusted them totally and I was seldom dissappointed. LoadOne hasnt been exactly as good so far, but pretty close. The rates and some other positives make up for the negatives. Personally, I think the negatives come from L1 being a larger company.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Try:

Dispatch: I don't know what the dimemsions are..they just a "sprinter..."

Me: screw it, it is what it is...send it over...:D

But then again I can understand your way of thinking...I wouldn't trust Fed Ex either,,,,:D

Kinda of the way I see it. Their paying for the unit and have the option of stacking it front to back, top to bottom, side to side when I get there so the dimensions are somewhat irrelevant to me as far as load acceptance. I will look at the dimensions when the load comes over to get an idea of what Im supposed to be getting.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Im really curious as to who the OP. The only Charlie I know drives for a fleet owner and that fleet owner tells them to turn down the short loads as I understand it. So, if turn downs got him terminated, the fleet owner would be partially responsible at least.

Please don't post things that you heard through the rumor mill. As usual with that type of thing it gets twisted into something far from the truth.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Chef and OVM you both need to chill on the cheerleading a little. Both of you speak highly of Load 1 and thats fine. However the reality is every single load does not pay over the top and the image you potray to others is not factual nor reality. Most see through this but others do not.

Chef I have stood next to you when you received a call from dispatch and asked the rate, and Ken when I was in Laredo 2 weeks ago with you, you were willing to run a 1700 mile load for a rate that you would crucified on EO if others knew.

Shadow, you need to re-read what i said, no where did I say I NEVER ask the rate..hell I turned down a load over the rate the other day, that was over $1.10 a mile and one the week earlier that was higher then that...its not always about the rate..as to every load being "over the top"..again, where did I say that, that wasn't sarcastic?? Now that being said, I'll be more then happy to put my numbers up, miles run loaded and empty verses money paid to the truck for last yr and so far this yr..no problem....and id be willing to bet that not too many from other carriers in a "like vehicle are doing better...yes there are people out there making more then me i am sure, hell i know there are people making more then me at Load 1 in "like" vehicles....but the fact is is on averag Load 1 is paying more when figured per mile then most anyone else...

Want to see the numbers, just ask....

Last edited:

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Please don't post things that you heard through the rumor mill. As usual with that type of thing it gets twisted into something far from the truth.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

Please dont tell me what to post.

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
I don't need to see your numbers nor do I care too. Everyone who reads EO can't help but stumble upon a post by you about a load with a great rate. It is well known Load 1 pays a higher rate by everyone who reads EO. Fact is not every load is a great rate. But you or Ken fail to mention that. Just saying be honest to yourself and others!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I can say without qualification that the online portrait painted by Load 1 cheerleaders was not at all the reality of Load 1. The portrait was highly Photoshopped.

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
I will be a load one cheerleader for a moment. By far a lot better place to work than panther. I make more in one week than I did on some months. I am very pleased with my 4 month stay so far at load one. Load one and everyone here has treated me well. Load one isn't a perfect company but I can truly find very little that I don't like about the company. Only turned down maybe 5 to 7 loads in that time span for various reasons but was never booted to the bottom or or punished in any way. I personally haven't seen this forced dispatch yet.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I will be a load one cheerleader for a moment. By far a lot better place to work than panther. I make more in one week than I did on some months. I am very pleased with my 4 month stay so far at load one. Load one and everyone here has treated me well. Load one isn't a perfect company but I can truly find very little that I don't like about the company. Only turned down maybe 5 to 7 loads in that time span for various reasons but was never booted to the bottom or or punished in any way. I personally haven't seen this forced dispatch yet.

Best post in this thread. Not cheerleading, just the facts.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

That issue was never brought up.....only I did mention we sometimes run for less....And what I personally would run for is my business.....

I also mentioned we do get to do not so stellar loads, pay wise, but that again is our choice....
The numbers you refer to are now history....LOL

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Well i guess that from now on, The "Cheerleaders" will have to "qualify" each statement as to miles and rate or what a load pays as an "avg"... not the best, not the worst.

So with that in mind, here are my "photoshopped, quick print, ready print , HP Photosmart or whatever floats your boat numbers from Jan 4th till May 31st. Now if these are just average numbers and everyone else is doing the same or better, then yes I my apologies for being dishonest and misleading..but for an old guy runnin around 3 weeks a month $10,000 a month paid to the VAN seems to be pretty darn good and from what anyone that has looked at the fleet vison has said, "they ain't makin that kind of money for those kind of miles..

Since jan 4th till the end of may:

In service 16 of 21 weeks (5 total weeks off)
70 runs
33869 loaded miles
3527 DH miles
37396 total miles

$42989.07 paid to the truck
Avg per mile ALL miles, $1.15
Avg per Loaded mile, $1.27

Avg per week, $2686.00
Avg per Load, $614.00

So again, if those are just average, I am glad you all are doing well, at least from my point of view....Now as i said, i know there are people at load 1 in "like" vehicles that are making more then me, and i know there are others in the business making more then me, it has never been my contention that i was making more then everyone else..but $10,000 a month gross in a sprinter "type" van is by most anyones opinion pretty..

Oh and since 6/1:

3 runs
1812 total miles
1680 loaded miles
132 DH miles

Gross to the truck: $2301.77
$1.27 per mile all miles
$1.37 per mile loaded miles
$767.26 avg per load...

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter