NLMI-Landstar

Darmstadter

Veteran Expediter
Notanewbie is right on.

Cost is important, but carriers are scored monthly and put into Tier groups based on those scores. Those tiers make it harder for poor performing carriers to get loads.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
NLM is now called Landstar Supply Chain, or something like that, but it still operates pretty much the same. We haven't really noticed any differences except that NLM has lost a couple customers they used to have, International being one of them.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
NLM is now called Landstar Supply Chain, or something like that, but it still operates pretty much the same. We haven't really noticed any differences except that NLM has lost a couple customers they used to have, International being one of them.

Hey, Charles. I've been wondering what happened to those Internation shipments. I was bragging to my business partner that once get got access to NLM we would see those loads and I haven't even seen a single one. I thought it was just some sort of tier thing and that other carriers with better score cards were getting those loads. What load board is international using right now? I know when I see loads posted on the Alliance going to Garland Texas that it is more than likely Intrnational Truck and Engine!

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
Hey, Charles. I've been wondering what happened to those Internation shipments. I was bragging to my business partner that once get got access to NLM we would see those loads and I haven't even seen a single one. I thought it was just some sort of tier thing and that other carriers with better score cards were getting those loads. What load board is international using right now? I know when I see loads posted on the Alliance going to Garland Texas that it is more than likely Intrnational Truck and Engine!

I'm not sure where those loads went. I've been looking into that. If I find out, I'll let you know.

Darmstadter

Veteran Expediter
They picked up some accounts over the past year too. Nissan loads used to go through Panther and now they are on NLM/Landstar. Meritor loads are showing up there now as well.

International Truck is going through Menlo.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
They picked up some accounts over the past year too. Nissan loads used to go through Panther and now they are on NLM/Landstar. Meritor loads are showing up there now as well.

International Truck is going through Menlo.

Yeah, I called one of the International plants and was told they're using Menlo now.