1. Join us at the Holiday Inn Detroit-Livonia on Thursday, May 14, 2015 for a full 4 hours on expedite trucking information, career information and tips. Learn how to be successful as an expedite Owner Operator and discover new products and services in the Expedite Trucking Industry. CLICK HERE to register today!

NLMI-Landstar

Discussion in 'General Expediter Forum' started by keith111475, Jan 20, 2012.

1. keith111475

keith111475 New Recruit

I was just told that nlmi was bought by landstar, does anyone know if this is true.

2. fastman_1

fastman_1 Expert Expediter

Yep about 2 years ago, if you mean NLM

3. keith111475

keith111475 New Recruit

Yes, but i also heard they are changing again.

4. idtrans

idtrans New Recruit

Explains why I got a call from Landstar today offering me a dedicated run from Peoria, IL to oh somewhere. I wasn't interested so I told them to save their breath LOL. I am not hauling that low paying crap. But nice of them to offer anyway.

5. Rocketman

Rocketman New Recruit

6. keith111475

keith111475 New Recruit

Im just concerned that the way the loads are distributed will be different.

7. Treadmill

Treadmill Rookie Expediter

No sense getting your tighty whiteies in a wad. Landstar mainly bought NLM for their computer system. They kept everything the same. Landstar does not give their drivers any special favors regarding NLM. If changes are coming I don't think it will effect you. Remember they are working with the big 3, so whatever happens it has to benefit the big 3 instead of you.

8. greg334

greg334 New Recruit

Well we should,

9. idtrans

idtrans New Recruit

landstar lets whoever will haul freight cheapest haul it !

10. greg334

greg334 New Recruit

LS/NLM does not decide who gets the load but the source does and it is a bit more complex than just the lowest bid.

11. idtrans

idtrans New Recruit

Very true but lately most shippers could care less who is hauling the freight. It's getting bad that's why I went in a direction I hate flatbeds but the money is solid.

12. Dynamite 1

Dynamite 1 Moderator

aren't they in the process of changing the name ?

13. blizzard

blizzard New Recruit

If Landstar takes loads away from the other carriers that are bidding on NLM, it would be a conflict of interest. They still award the load to the lowest bidder. I know, I deal with Landstar agents sometimes. NLM has a certain model and integrity that needs to be maintained in order to keep their customers and carriers happy.

14. greg334

greg334 New Recruit

A conflict of interest?

Please explain that one to us.

15. keith111475

keith111475 New Recruit

I dont know if its a conflict of interest, but Im concerned about the other carriers that pull from the nlm board and if they will still be able to.:confused:

16. scottm4211

scottm4211 Seasoned Expediter

Much ado about nothing.

17. greg334

greg334 New Recruit

So true ...

So true ...

18. keith111475

keith111475 New Recruit

Oh, thanks for clearing that up for me.

19. greg334

greg334 New Recruit

What's there to clear up?

There is no concern because the source picks who the winning bid is

20. Monty

Monty New Recruit

And .... when I asked Landstar why we, (Landstar contractors), did not get first pick of "the good stuff", they were adamant that NLM works as a separate business. Just because they own it did not mean they cherry picked it. NLM is their own business, simply owned by Landstar.