New

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Some things work, some don't.

The RED letters were (a) a mistake, and (b) really, really don't work. That looked scary ugly for about 30 seconds there. LOL

The purple got caught up in the change back from red to blue. Red and blue are purple, ya know. :D

If you click on a Forum (say, General Expediter Forum, or Newbies Paradise), on the main page the Forum Title now has styling, complete with icons, and there are "New Posts" indicators on the main forum listings page to indicate the forums containing unread posts.

And larger pictures posted using direct links will now show up at 50% size (but will expand if you click on them).

But I'm not sure what "tabs" you are talking about.

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I see some little green tabs(arrows ) with the word 'new' in them. It used to just be topics were in bold type.
Edit: I guess these are what you call New Post indicators

Last edited:

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
By the way, the red lettering really stood out, didn't quite mesh with the color scheme , but definitely stood out and was easy to read:)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If by "tabs" you mean these...

Breadcrumbs.PNG

...they really need to stay blue (or green) to be within the color pallet of the EO theme. They were red and then purple for a brief moment.

The "New" arrow tag indicator for the new posts on the main page, I initially had that red, so it would stand out, but it just looked jarring, out of place. So I changed to the same color of green that's in the EO logo.

NEW.PNG

I see we're typing at the same time. Only you're faster. :D

The red lettering, what happened is, every clickable word or phrase was changed from the light blue to the red. I only wanted to change it for one specific clickable link in one spot, so that it stood out better. Whoops. We want clickable links to be blue, generally speaking. Just gonna leave things the way they are on that score. That one link just ain't that big a deal.

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The NEW arrow tags for new posts were what I was calling new tabs. I didn't see them in red , but they look good in green anyway.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yeah, they started off red, in a plain rectangle, which looked good, and really stood out, but other than a couple of thread prefixes and the Alerts, we just don't have anything red on here. So it became green, and then with a really pointy arrow, then a less pointy arrow, and now more subtle, yet upscale pointy arrow. :D

One problem was, whenever there was a new post in a forum, the NEW tag would be shown on every subforum under it. Back to the drawing board. Instead of tying it to the unread nodes with .nodeInfo.unread (forums are called nodes in the software, and we have a node tree instead of a forum tree, probably for the same reason that Private Messages are called Conversations now), I'm trying it to the discussionListItem.unread which is to the unread threads themselves. That prevents the NEW tag from showing up on subforums with no new posts.

However, in a breathtaking example of redundancy, the NEW tag will show up next to every post when you click the "New Posts" link. But, they are, after all, discussionListItem.unread. If you click on the "Recent Posts" link, then only the unread posts will have the NEW tag, so that's good. Unless there is a large clamoring for a different color, I'm sticking with green.

I really don't know how to code, but I can usually figure it out, and I'm doing things in such a way that it's not likely to break the forum, and if it does, I can quickly fix it.

So, how does everybody like the new forum title bar stylings?

Old style:
General Old.PNG

New style:
General New.PNG

Others...Each forum Title Bar has it's own style.
Carrier.PNG

Some are more or less duplicates, some are very different.

If anyone has a strong dislike for any of these (there's a couple of them I'm not thrilled with), or can suggest a more appropriate icon for these or any of the icons anywhere, of if you think all the Title Bars should be the same, let me know. Any of the changes that you've noticed, if you think they should be different, gone, whatever, you won't hurt my feelings. Let me know.