Forum Tip New Feature - Quoting

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Whenever you quote someone, instead of the quoted tag header simply saying "Bubba said:" it'll have Bubba's mini avatar next to his name. That makes it a little easier to see who was quoted.

Also, we now have automatic Nested Quotes. Normally when you quote someone who also quoted someone in their post, only their reply gets quoted (1 nested level).

Now, when you click Quote Button.PNG the entire post gets quoted, including quotes in the post. I have it currently set to 4 nested levels. That can be changed as needed. Sometimes when someone quotes some text and replies to it, it makes more sense to quote not only their reply, but what they were replying to, to make for a better conversational flow.

You can still manually nest and un-nest quotes (say, from different posts), and the "+Multiquote" function will still insert each quote separately.

And, of course, no mini avatar will show up on the EO or Tapatalk apps, nor will the automatic nested threads works on the apps. Screen real estate is already at enough of a premium on smartphones without cluttering it up with more stuff.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Whenever you quote someone, instead of the quoted tag header simply saying "Bubba said:" it'll have Bubba's mini avatar next to his name. That makes it a little easier to see who was quoted.
The main thing I wanted was the mini avatar on the quoted tag header. Without that, nested quotes could be very confusing to follow along with in a conversation. I think it looks pretty neat.

Reactions: Moot