New Cummins engine ( Vanners ?)

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
From what I've read it's going in the next generation Titan. No word on it in the NV.

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Whats that banging I hear??????

Oh yeah, those are nails being driven into the 6 & power stroke coffins.

Bob Wolf

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
I really hope it goes into the NV because that would really hamper the ugly duckling promaster. I think the sprinter will be fine and the when the transit gets here with ford have such a loyal following it'll be accepted with open arms. So I think the battle is really for 3rd of the new "mega" cargo vans. And I personally just like Nissan more than fiat/Chrysler/dodge/ram and the styling is a smudge better

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The engine couldn't hurt but the problem with the NV is length. Even if they bring out the extended version rumored it's only 20" longer than the current model. That will definitely be a plus for personal space but still won't make it a 3 skid vehicle I don't believe. The "Dodge" offers a legitimate 3 skid length I believe.

Everyone makes a big deal about the "Dodge" being ugly. From the driver's seat it looks a lot like any of the others. It's on the bottom line of the spreadsheet where vans are either ugly or good looking. The NV is somewhat ugly when mpg are factored in. The "Dodge" is yet to be determined but most likely can't be any uglier than the NV where it counts.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Y'all make good points and I know if I were a owner looks would take a backseat to more important matters. BUT since I'm just the driver I wanna have my cake and eat it too lol. I'm just saying if I were offered a job(s) and had the option of choosing which I got to drive promaster isn't gonna be my choice first because of looks and second I'm not convinced FWD is the way to go. I'm also not trying to say the NV is anything other than homely at best :p

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So many whine about the looks....I could careless about the looks. .I want capacity, durability, mpg, and inside room for personal storage.....and Lol I ve never even like the looks of a sprinter either...:D

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
So many whine about the looks....I could careless about the looks. .I want capacity, durability, mpg, and inside room for personal storage.....and Lol I ve never even like the looks of a sprinter either...:D

some are so ugly they shouldn't even be driving.....so leave the van alone....LOL

sirgregory46

Expert Expediter
I drive a van that looked like a giant turd if it got 30mpg and held 4 skids with a 4000lb payload!! :D

Sent from my SCH-I545 using EO Forums mobile app

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I MO. ....I don t need more than 3000 payload. ...we don t get paid enough for extra weight or the increase in premature wear on van and to me the safety issues from hauling over 3000 lbs. isn t worth the money paid....