need information

new trucker

Rookie Expediter
I want to purchase a expedite truck and I want to take loads going to California but someone told me that I need to get a 2008 truck or better in order to get an OK to be able to go to California, or something about fuel injection...

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If you stay under 26k you can get a truck that is a little older. My 2005 is good until 2021

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
If the truck's gvwr is over 26k, you need to have a 2007 EPA model year engine or newer. Most of those were installed in trucks 2008-2010. They have a diesel particulate filter on them. Older needs a dpf retrofit, and must be registered with the Air Resources Board in California. Hope that helps.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well if the California state politicians would all stop talking at the same time, they could be carb compliant a lot sooner.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well if the California state politicians would all stop talking at the same time, they could be carb compliant a lot sooner.

The problems are not ONLY coming out of their mouths.......................... the more damaging "greenhouse gas" is coming from further south of there.