Cargo Van Need a good company for local work. Atlanta area

Bi5hop

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I'm looking for a good company I can put my cargo van on with. I found a few but they don't really pay much. Hoping for something in the Atlanta area or surrounding counties.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm looking for a good company I can put my cargo van on with. I found a few but they don't really pay much. Hoping for something in the Atlanta area or surrounding counties.
Your looking for a courier service then not an expediting carrier. Best bet is see if you have a ceva office. They can be found near an airport. Mostly local work

Bi5hop

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Thanks for your reply, Ceva is exactly the type of company I'm looking for. Don't know what the deal is but they are hard to get into must be worth it huh? If you know of any other companies that I should know of please let me know.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The only companies worth driving for are the ones that are hard to get on with. If the barrier for entry is low, so is the reward.

Reactions: Opel2010 and Bi5hop

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks for your reply, Ceva is exactly the type of company I'm looking for. Don't know what the deal is but they are hard to get into must be worth it huh? If you know of any other companies that I should know of please let me know.
Just drive over and walk in the door, if they got the work and you got the savvy they will sign you on, good company's don't add drivers if there isn't enough work to keep the drivers already there busy. It might take a while before the hire you on.

Reactions: Bi5hop and Turtle

Bi5hop

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I agree, and Ceva is on top of my list. But I need somthing until they put me on.

fatboy1

Veteran Expediter
DTH is still one way my sister n law took over my late father n laws van still the same if not worse. The owner has a lot of company vans and o/o seeing less. I would stay away from them. Just my opinion.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
ceva is by airport in Atlanta just south of airport, couple of exit's up from belt way
go to there web site and you can find address
they are a great company I've been there 13 year's in Richmond va

Reactions: Bi5hop

Bi5hop

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Thanks, I'll give them another try. Do you have a cargo van or box truck? Because I was thinking about getting a box truck?

str84ward

Seasoned Expediter
DTH is still one way my sister n law took over my late father n laws van still the same if not worse. The owner has a lot of company vans and o/o seeing less. I would stay away from them. Just my opinion.

If you don't mind greasing the palms of dispatchers per load ,, Then sign on with them . You'll get what you pay for