Nashville TA

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
HEADS UP

New rule at TA in the downtown Nashville that vans, bobtails and straight trucks have to park out front.

Signs are not up at this time but we are told they will be up soon.

If you park in the back security is going around at night waking the offending trucks up and sending them out to the front.

This will really increase the parking in the back for the big trucks.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Highway Star have they posted signs?

I think it is a great idea and one step better would be to add shore power that we could plug into for a price.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I prefer the front. The back parking area is the 53 foot demolition derby.

guido4475

Not a Member
So now, the often quiet front lots will be noisy with drivers running their trucks in 50 degree weather, peeing on the lot....turning it into a typical truck drivers parking lot....trash...running over curbs....as negative as it sounds, it is so true, give it time.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
So now, the often quiet front lots will be noisy with drivers running their trucks in 50 degree weather, peeing on the lot....turning it into a typical truck drivers parking lot....trash...running over curbs....as negative as it sounds, it is so true, give it time.

I guess the van crowd running there noisy generators, peeing on the lot and throwing there trash on the ground will have some company now.
Or they could go hang out at Walmart.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I wouldn't have considered parking in back. I'm not sure those 53s can see me, and I don't want to find out the hard way.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
HEADS UP

New rule at TA in the downtown Nashville that vans, bobtails and straight trucks have to park out front.

Signs are not up at this time but we are told they will be up soon.

If you park in the back security is going around at night waking the offending trucks up and sending them out to the front.

This will really increase the parking in the back for the big trucks.

Was at the TA in Antioch just this past week. Signs were posted on the back row where all the vans used to park. Sounds like a company wide thing.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner

I think and i hope Guido was referring to the bobtail tractors and not the expedite trucks !!!!!!!!

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I think and i hope Guido was referring to the bobtail tractors and not the expedite trucks !!!!!!!!

Each type of truck has it's group of scum. If they don't want to pee inside then they should just get a pee bottle to make life better for those around them.

hossman2011

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah they came around at 1030 at night and wanted me to get dressed pack up my generator and move to what they called the front lot... No signs, and don't come and bother me that late... needless to say I stayed where I was till morning...

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I was backing into a spot and a security looking guy said I should go out front.

police-academy-4-citizens-on-patrol-original.jpg

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The TA in Duncan is one where I always park in front, especially if I'm doing laundry, because the exit door next to the washers & dryers leads right to that lot, lol. Park at the Pilot across the street, you have to carry the stuff up numerous flights of steps instead. :eek:

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
We rarely park out front because so many times the lot is very small and moving around parked cars can be interesting.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Heck in the past we were thrown out of the front so often that is became a habit to go out back and park to avoid the hassle. Parking out front in Ontario, CA is fun as we get to meet a lot of new people.

Signs though are a must and if they don't have the "real" signs at least post something on the door so that we can move out front on our own.

guido4475

Not a Member
Charlotte and Duncan have a brand new Quick Trip with truck- free parking perfect for vans. Clean. Quiet. Well lit.