Nashville = no fun

acvox24

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Had a sweet load from las vegas to Nashville, 1800 miles. Delivered Friday morning. I was smart enough to get here before the rain turned to snow. But I made the mistake of trying to get to a Walmart 3 miles away. Impossible stuck cars and wrecks everywhere. Ended up in some college parking lot. Fortunately I have 3 days of gas in the geny, 3 gallons of water, and small supply of food. Can't stress how important it is to always have food and water in your truck. If I didn't I'd be one hungry unhappy camper right now, because there's nothing to eat here everything closed due to the weather. Hope Nashville gets the roads clean by tomorrow.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
In Cookeville, 6 inches of snow in the yard, streets frozen over, 20 degrees, not a good idea to drive in this icy stuff...

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Had a sweet load from las vegas to Nashville, 1800 miles. Delivered Friday morning. I was smart enough to get here before the rain turned to snow. But I made the mistake of trying to get to a Walmart 3 miles away. Impossible stuck cars and wrecks everywhere. Ended up in some college parking lot. Fortunately I have 3 days of gas in the geny, 3 gallons of water, and small supply of food. Can't stress how important it is to always have food and water in your truck. If I didn't I'd be one hungry unhappy camper right now, because there's nothing to eat here everything closed due to the weather. Hope Nashville gets the roads clean by tomorrow.
Excellent advice! As Jack Reacher would say: "Hope for the best, plan for the worst."

Reactions: TDave

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have a case of MRE's just in case with me at all times in the promaster.
f6eccd73b1bac0b94823da8450d997e6e91790a36f34002a507c8da2a9a9f915_1.jpg

ATeam

Retired Expediter
... Fortunately I have 3 days of gas in the geny, 3 gallons of water, and small supply of food. Can't stress how important it is to always have food and water in your truck. If I didn't I'd be one hungry unhappy camper right now, because there's nothing to eat here everything closed due to the weather.

A wise expediter you are! The unprepared person's crisis is a routine event for a prepared person.

Reactions: Turtle

jaxonviking

Expert Expediter
I was in Nashville last year during the ice storm. Ugly situation. Fortunately, the cheap movie theater out by Antioch was still functioning. Knoxville was really not hit hard by this storm. A little ice and snow, but melted off the next day and major roads in town were fine. 50 here today!

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

M. Moy

New Recruit
Researching
My co-workers be asking why I Carry a bag even when I'm local because you never know when an emergency might happen.

wayneygogo

Seasoned Expediter
You could always register your van the post office, we will give you an address for your van, that makes you eligible for Red Cross, they will deliver right to your van and all weather conditions

littlejoe

Veteran Expediter
You guys make it sound like I was a major blizzard. Hell I drive in 6 inches of snow in Michigan on a daily basis