Mr. Remmington, he was one of a kind.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Remington announced a plan for a new state of the art plant in Huntsville, Alabama on 17 February 2014. Remington moved two production lines from the Ilion, New York as a result of the fallout from the New York Safe Act which restricted gun ownership.[2][4] Huntsville is now building the AR platform Modern Sporting Rifle (MSR) from Bushmaster, DPMS and Remington Remington R-15 and 1911 style R-1 pistols in the new AL plant which is an $87 million boon for Alabama's economy.[18] The new plant consolidates Remington's production to promote efficiency and lower production costs.[3] Experts in the gun industry believe that it is only a matter of time before Remington completely abandons its New York roots for states that are more gun friendly and pro business.[4]

Note, these folks have been here a spell:

Remington Arms Company, LLC is an American manufacturer of firearms and ammunition in the United States. It was founded in 1816 by Eliphalet Remington in Ilion, New York, as E. Remington and Sons. Remington is America's oldest gun maker and "It's America's oldest factory that still makes its original product-guns."[2] It is the only U.S. company which produces both firearms and ammunition domestically and is the largest U.S. producer of shotguns and rifles. Remington has also developed or adopted more cartridges than any other gun maker or ammunition manufacturer in the world. Additionally its products are distributed in over 60 foreign countries, making its distribution base and availability wider than those of its competitors.[

So, you see, even the Yankees wise up and come down South to getter done....only in America.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I have taken out my teeth twice, waxed and polished uppers and lowers, I still cannot pronounce that first name, sounds like elephant to me.lol

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's pronounced ih-LIHF-ah-LehT

In the Old Testament (most versions, anyway) it is the name of one of David's many sons.