Millhouse logistics

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Yes, we do not charge a fee for the initial inspection. So the question was about sign on fees and my answer is correct.

They have the option of bringing in an inspection on the periodical follow up ones as well. So nope.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
We require the semi annual inspections. We do not mandate where they are done. Requirement yes, mandatory fee no.

Reactions: piper1

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They have no incentives to get people on that want the freedom I need in this industry, I do enjoy expediting but I'm no slave to these highways. I run strategically and I respect the carriers that understand that.
I don't believe any carrier has an incentive to lease on an owner that has such specific load requirements as you have posted about. I would think a small carrier that works only load boards would be a better fit for you. They are more apt to look for and book the specific loads you require.

Reactions: scottm4211

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
They have no incentives to get people on that want the freedom I need in this industry, I do enjoy expediting but I'm no slave to these highways. I run strategically and I respect the carriers that understand that.
I don't believe any carrier has an incentive to lease on an owner that has such specific load requirements as you have posted about. I would think a small carrier that works only load boards would be a better fit for you. They are more apt to look for and book the specific loads you require.
those smaller carriers won't be able to provide the $1.00 he wants on a consistent basis...heck the main stream carriers can't even do that and he will be just buying their overflow...:)

millhouse™

Rookie Expediter
Good morning everyone, quick clarification on the fees and questions on millhouse. As mentioned earlier in the post, we have exclusive and non fleet.
The $35 app fee is only for the non exclusive units, and only for sprinter/cargo vans NOT for ST. ( the reason behind this is we find many times when the "non exclusive" drivers start the process, we would spend a lot of time on set up/research process, and they don't finish - won't provide all necessary paperwork- and never come back. This way it covers the time and money spent on our end.
We do charge $50 decals fee and when you no longer with us you have 3 months to return it and get your full refund.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

millhouse™

Rookie Expediter
The only real on going fee is %1 fee off your settlement as we pay every week ( Friday ) and you receive $ on everything you turned in by Tuesday night that same week. Fair fee for quick pay, you can choose regular pay and get your $ once every 3 weeks.
Thank you guys, let us know if you have further questions

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

RDDM TRANSPORT

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Bx I'm a multi carrier millhouse is one of the companies.That I currently work with their payroll is on time and correct.You will bid like any other carrier. So if you bid low you will work for low rates.If you are knowledgeable of rates in area.You will be able to bid a fair rate for load and aquire the load. The insurance requirement are 1 million liability 100k cargo.Drive safe

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Why the 1%?

I get paid weekly...on Fridays...for everything scanned in by Monday ish....no fee.
Because that is what they do...
Why DOT safeties on cargo vans ?
Why mileage limitations ?
Banks don't give lines of credit for free... it's a cost of doing business ... carriers that pay upfront like yours and others that pay like yours must have a massive line of credit to support the payout...

Last edited:

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Banks don't give lines of credit for free... it's a cost of doing business ... carriers that pay upfront like yours and others that pay lie yours must have a massive line of credit to support the payout...

If you want paid quick they factor otherwise you wait 3 weeks to get paid

Lost in Space.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Banks don't give lines of credit for free... it's a cost of doing business ... carriers that pay upfront like yours and others that pay lie yours must have a massive line of credit to support the payout...

If you want paid quick they factor otherwise you wait 3 weeks to get paid

Lost in Space.
At Crossroads we agree to wait till Load get paid by broker or carrier... that way Murray has no factoring cost that must be carried and we get 80% instead of 70% like most others ...

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Why the 1%?

I get paid weekly...on Fridays...for everything scanned in by Monday ish....no fee.
Banks don't give lines of credit for free... it's a cost of doing business ... carriers that pay upfront like yours and others that pay like yours must have a massive line of credit to support the payout...

I just asked. At 80 to 100k gross a year the cost to the O/O is $800 to $1000...to help the carrier float his banking costs....or I guess the O/O can wait however long it takes to get paid and float their expenses on their own credit. Just a different way I guess....having never worked for a carrier that did this it just seemed odd to me.

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got to say an aplication fee sounds pretty wacky, never heard of any carrier charging for that?
At least they are asking for it upfront and they tell you how much it is, unlike other carriers (from Toledo, for example) that tells you about their fees, including a huge orientation fee, only after you attend a two days waste-of-time-orientation...

Reactions: millhouse™