Michigan Speed limit increase

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A few years ago I saw a moose crossing I94 in front of me while I was driving in the middle of the night in northern Minnesota.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Michigan joins a long list of dumb states... while accidents maybe not be going up ... deaths are...what used to be an injury is now a death at higher speeds ...
just look at west Texas at 80mph 1-20 is worse then Mich.. many states are worse then Michigans interstates.. now city streets that might be a big difference

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The idiotic thing about America... we are just about energy secure and we go ahead with ideas to burn more fossil fuels ... backwards

Reactions: Grizzly

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Michigan lefts are one of the dumbest things I've seen. You can't turn left here but you can 100 ft up the road. I think they were created to pay road companies extra money.

I can agree they are handy for u turns but dumb as left turns.

Reactions: scottm4211

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Actually they improve traffic movement when at rush hour the left lane moves thru the intersection without the turners reducing the flow IMO I personally like them once used to them.... kind of like Texas frontage roads some would call them silly as well...

Reactions: Ragman

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Actually they improve traffic movement when at rush hour the left lane moves thru the intersection without the turners reducing the flow IMO I personally like them once used to them.... kind of like Texas frontage roads some would call them silly as well...
Maybe carve out more of an independent left lane from the middle island so drivers don't have to stop at the traffic light, turn around at the next left turn and then stop at the traffic light again. lol

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just observe that the left travel still flows at intersections much better because of the Michigan left ... things don't get restricted to 1 lane as much

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not sure how that is in many cases it adds another stop light that shouldn't even be there.