Mcp 200 qc

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
What net stuff?

Greg,
I've noticed something out of character for you. Why have you not asked to have this thread moved to the Load 1 or Tech Shop forum? You missed it on the other Load 1 thread also.:D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Greg,
I've noticed something out of character for you. Why have you not asked to have this thread moved to the Load 1 or Tech Shop forum? You missed it on the other Load 1 thread also.:D

I'll answer....

It is not in the Load-1 forum because either topic was open to the general membership....

the QCs are not specific only to Load-1 only..as I believe the Feds have them as well....but yes the QC could be in the tech forum...

To Add: I see our nit pick buddy Greg is also posting in the Tire/Pressure thread that should be in the truck forum....he is really getting quite lax...:)

Last edited:

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
OVM,
I support your right to post in whatever thread you feel is the approrpiate one. I was just wondering why Greg had not suggested it be moved.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
OVM,
I support your right to post in whatever thread you feel is the approrpiate one. I was just wondering why Greg had not suggested it be moved.

Why Thank you...I know what you are saying...guess Greg has bigger fish to fry....but it is very unlike him to not slam the mods when they miss something...;)

BTW..It is National P.O.G. Day today...

greg334

Veteran Expediter
guess Greg has bigger fish to fry....but it is very unlike him to not slam the mods when they miss something...;)

Well I just got back from helping out someone who is now in the hospital. By the way he works for one of these companies who has ads here and got stranded under load, the load is going on it's way and he is now seeing a doctor, so I guess it is bigger fish to fry.

Also I don't slam the mods like others but I can and you will get a kick out of it. I just want them to be a bit better.

AND the reason I'm asking is to answer some questions that come up every once in awhile. It is not to trash John or Load-1, he seems to put it in a concise form so it is clear, unlike our norther' transplant with shorts. :p

comet_4298

Seasoned Expediter
Just found out today that the mcp200 has to be able to have Wifi connect to deliver your scanned paper work.
I thought it was doing it by satalite but was informed today that I need a wifi signal.
Sure busted my bubble.........I'm not a big fan of the wifi (I use a cellphone ampifiier and out-side antenna for my for laptop)seem every time I turn around they want to charger you to use the wifi.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just found out today that the mcp200 has to be able to have Wifi connect to deliver your scanned paper work.
I thought it was doing it by satalite but was informed today that I need a wifi signal.
Sure busted my bubble.........I'm not a big fan of the wifi (I use a cellphone ampifiier and out-side antenna for my for laptop)seem every time I turn around they want to charger you to use the wifi.

I thought the 200 stores it for two hours and if no Wifi in that time it sends it over the QC. Might be mistaken one this one.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
I thought it was doing it by satellite but was informed today that I need a wifi signal.

Well hold on to that bubble! LOL. The unit tries to connect to open wifi for a specified period of time. After that time it will send the scan over via terrestrial signal. No cost to you either way.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Just curious, when you say "The unit tries to connect to open wifi for a specified period of time." does that mean that open signals are legal to use?

There was some discussion that tapping into wifi without permission may not be all that legal, let alone secure.

Last edited:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Just courious, when you say "The unit tries to connect to open wifi for a specified period of time." does that mean that open signals are not legal to use?

There was some discussion that tapping into wifi without permission may not be all that legal, let alone secure.

??? No not at all. A lot of places have open wifi. A driver may have it at his house, we have it at our terminal, a lot of places like McDonalds or Starbucks have it. Open wifi is just that open. A person or company has a choice to open or close thier wifi signal. We had ours closed at work, but we opened it up so that drivers from other carriers could connect to the internet when in our yard.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Actually John, there is a question about this being legal at all outside of the few locations that openly allow it.

Hooking up to an open connection as far as I'm concern is not a problem, the owner needs to secure the connection but the courts and legal system think otherwise.

Qualcomm knows about this issue, they choose to ignore the legal ramifications involved to sell this technology.