Big Truck MBE900 replacement

hossman2011

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Looking for starting point to shop for a new MBE900. Mine will turn over 1 mil. miles before end of year and want to replace before it takes it's last breath. Suggestions on where to order engine from? and GOOD shop to do the work?

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Most Detroit shops can take care of it. I'm also told that Midway (Freightliner/Trucks/Something?) in PA is a real good shop. Or, you can look at Diselenginetrader.com for a reman, and find an independent shop. No idea on a warranty, though. Ours, through FL, was 100k miles.

Ours, completed in January 2013, was done by Valley Freightliner in Washington state. Book time is 40 hours. The long block was $13k. Total bill was $22,303.84. It took 7 weeks. In their defense, it was over Christmas. Not in their defense, they shipped YRC for the cheapest rate possible, from Mexico. I have since been told there are remans sitting on a shelf in Canton, MI.

Hope that helps.

BTW, good on ya for going a million. Ours crapped the bed at 654k. It was a repo, so I'm reasonably certain it was abused.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Hoping to get going again in 4 daysImageUploadedByEO Forums1428177797.925473.jpg this one Is 300 hp compared to my old one which was 230 hp I already had the hd clutch that was installed a few years ago when I went through transmission hell! Hope I'm done with this mb nonsense!

Reactions: in-Transit

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Update on my mb engine replacement
Things are not goin as well as planned there have been a few stumbling blocks I'll share the gory details later after it's goin again , this is no walk in the park is all I'm gonna say!

hossman2011

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Things are not goin as well as planned there have been a few stumbling blocks I'll share the gory details later after it's goin again , this is no walk in the park is all I'm gonna say!
This is why I will pay someone to do this for me......

Wilca2001

Seasoned Expediter

Tknight, I need replace mine too. Would you mind given me your email address so I can contact you directly?
My email is [email protected] thanks in advance.

JustPeachy

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I have a mbe 900 with the 230go and here is a bit of sound advise for everyone with one....every service use t5 rotalla and 1 gallon of Lucas oil stabilizer and it will hit a million miles easily.

Deville

Not a Member
I have a mbe 900 with the 230go and here is a bit of sound advise for everyone with one....every service use t5 rotalla and 1 gallon of Lucas oil stabilizer and it will hit a million miles easily.

The same thing was said about the CAT 3126 as well.

paulnstef39

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner

Mine didn't get anywhere close to a million miles. Mine got close to a bridge abutment doing 65 mph. (close meaning the 2 became 1)