Maxx Automotive Corporation

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Rocketman's and my Cargo Max are 159" 12,300 lb gvw dual rear wheel RV Cut-away chassis...Cargo Max changes the 16" dual rear wheel tire package to a 17.5" Single rear wheel and then RE-CERTIFIES the chassis to 10,000 lb gvw....

GM quit the SRW 159" chassis a few yrs ago..Right NOW, even the 139" SRW is coming in at 10,100 gvw in a cut-away and the dealers are going nuts....

If I were to get another truck today,I'd find another Cargo Max, or I'd do has WestMich is doing and built it myself (well have it built, cause i am too **** old to mess with it myself, lol)...

Now as for the Meeks group and their 139" vs the 159" on GM chassis...I know of 1 member here that ordered a SRW 159" 10,000 unit from them, gave them a deposit and was told that the delay that was happening wias because they "STRETCHED" the 139" wb chassis because it was illegal to de-certify the 159" when changing it over from dual to single rear wheels....She was working with TurtleTop to get her money back.....

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
....it was illegal to de-certify the 159" when changing it over from dual to single rear wheels

Huh?

Somebody needs to get their facts straight; if one company says a procedure is illegal, and another one just goes ahead and builds trucks based on that procedure, then someone is wrong :rolleyes:

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I agree about payload but as a general rule the more weight your moving down the road the worse the mpg.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums

Don't mean for this sound smart but last I checked I'm paying the fuel bill. I can get better than 15 mpg out of this rig or close to it. I don't care what a Sprinter or anyother van is getting. What I'm looking for is building a combination RV and C/Van. My retirement freight haulin Van. :cool:

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
GM quit the SRW 159" chassis a few yrs ago..Right NOW, even the 139" SRW is coming in at 10,100 gvw in a cut-away and the dealers are going nuts....

They may have quit a few years ago but last year and this year their building them. I have a link on post #20 with GMs specs for all the GM trucks.
As I stated before it's available in an Ambulance, rescue pkg for $1900k. I also have a quote from my dealer.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter

They may have quit a few years ago but last year and this year their building them. I have a link on post #20 with GMs specs for all the GM trucks.
As I stated before it's available in an Ambulance, rescue pkg for $1900k. I also have a quote from my dealer.

I have no doubt that it is as you say it is and that you have the order..the production codes change all the time and even what is available from one dealer to the next...Commercial chassis orders are not the easiest thing for the average salesperson to deal with...

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
GM quit the SRW 159&quot; chassis a few yrs ago..Right NOW, even the 139&quot; SRW is coming in at 10,100 gvw in a cut-away and the dealers are going nuts....<br />
<br />
They may have quit a few years ago but last year and this year their building them. I have a link on post #20 with GMs specs for all the GM trucks.<br />

Everyone has to get what is right for them no augment there.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums

Monty

Expert Expediter
Somebody needs to get their facts straight; if one company says a procedure is illegal, and another one just goes ahead and builds trucks based on that procedure, then someone is wrong
:rolleyes:

Amen ... now figure which it is!