1. Join us at the Holiday Inn Detroit-Livonia on Thursday, May 14, 2015 for a full 4 hours on expedite trucking information, career information and tips. Learn how to be successful as an expedite Owner Operator and discover new products and services in the Expedite Trucking Industry. CLICK HERE to register today!

Loves Truck stop Florida kicks out truck drivers for Bike week

Discussion in 'General Expediter Forum' started by bobwg, Mar 9, 2013.

1. bobwg

bobwg New Member

The Loves Truck Stop near Daytona Beach Florida kicks out trucks so RVs can park for Bike week WTF boycott this place

2. Lawrence

Lawrence Founder Staff Member

How do you know this for a fact and not hearsay?

3. bobwg

bobwg New Member

Yes this is true talked to drivers who were kicked out and just called them and they said yes there is no truck parking you can only get fuel then you have to leave the property until Bike week ends next weekend. I -95 exit 273 Ormond Beach FL

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  4. ATeam

ATeam Senior Member

It's a fact. Happens every year, I believe. Hundreds of thousands of visitors descend on Daytona Beach for Bike Week. That Love's is next to a huge Harley Davidson dealer and a number of retail buildings that specialize in biker apparel and equipment. That place is a zoo (or mega party, depending on your point of view) this time of year.

Boycott that Love's? Absolutely. That's exactly what they want you to do when the big event is on.

5. bobwg

bobwg New Member

Should boycott after the event

6. OntarioVanMan

OntarioVanMan Well-Known Member

I don't see a problem? Loves isn't a full service TS anyways...no driver room no laundry machines. More like a stop and go ... They are doing the community a great service and helping the local economy !

7. zorry

zorry New Member

I think you can get in and out to fuel.
    You can boycott. Parking is so limited down there someone else will take your place.
    Phil's right. It's an annual event. You just have to adjust.
    You wouldn't get any rest if you were there anyway.

8. OntarioVanMan

OntarioVanMan Well-Known Member

Another great point... Who'd get any sleep? Lol

9. MissKat

MissKat Member

You can park at my hotel in Lake Mary on I 4 lol

10. geo

geo Active Member

what i would do is boycott all love truck stops and send in e mail tellem that

11. zorry

zorry New Member

Trust me,they're doing you a favor.

12. bobwg

bobwg New Member

Ok maybe they should do a better job of letting drivers know ahead of time since not every driver knows about them shutting down the parking. instead of waiting till drivers are parked taking there dot breaks and then being told they have to leave or get towed

13. BigCat

BigCat New Member

I would rather stay at Kum n go since the kng truckstops have showers/laundry and tv rooms. Loves sucks all together. They cater more to them dam 4 wheelers.

14. tenntrucker

tenntrucker New Member

My answer to this is not to go that far into Florida, just too hard to get a load out.

sent from my Galaxy Tab2

15. Tennesseahawk

Tennesseahawk Active Member

I'd say I got a load out 2/3 of the time. The deeper into FL I went, the more likely I got a load.

16. skyraider

skyraider Active Member

Good for you, many well informed expediters know this, do not go to Fl, it is a no brain er....

17. aquitted

aquitted Active Member

Thats right we don't need no stinkin trucks down there during bike week so grab your cryin towel and go somewhere else.

18. Tennesseahawk

Tennesseahawk Active Member

Same as New England. Taking that page out of your atlas? Saves more for me.

19. guido4475

guido4475 New Member

Since Loves is not an authorized fuel stop for Load One, the only reason I stop there is for the bathrooms. Ya gotta admit, they are clean. And the ice is cheap.But don't try and park at one overnight, chances are they will run you off.

What does a Harley and a dog have in common? They both like to ride in the back of a pickup truck.

Why don't Harley riders wear helmets? So they can hear the parts falling off easier.

20. Bruno

Bruno Active Member

If Love truck stops feels that this once a year event is more important than the customers that support Loves year round, they should just pull all the diesel pumps out and not do business with all the trucking companies anymore.