Loves Tire Pass service

truckblue

Expert Expediter
Driver
I recently used the service for the second time, and have had a good experience both times. The system will air up your tires to your desired pressure, but will not adjust down. The printout gives you the pressure of each tire before and after service is complete. I have to say that I don't relish having to check my 8 drive tires, and it's nice to not have to as often with this service.

TruckingSurv

Seasoned Expediter
You mean, like....every day, as part of your pre-trip inspection. ...right?

One of the first things to go on a truck when it is mine is a TPM system, not that expensive compared to running a tire low and destroying it and or other parts of the truck, also you can monitor tire temperatures all while rolling! Very handy tool for catching tire problems in real time, not just during a PTI, plus think of the time savings each day...

truckblue

Expert Expediter
Driver
One of the first things to go on a truck when it is mine is a TPM system, not that expensive compared to running a tire low and destroying it and or other parts of the truck, also you can monitor tire temperatures all while rolling! Very handy tool for catching tire problems in real time, not just during a PTI, plus think of the time savings each day...
I agree. I don't own the truck, but if I did, that, and an oil bypass system would be first on the list. We did install wheel balancers, and I feel those and a good 3 axle alignment, along with proper tire pressure, has extended the life of these tires.

Reactions: TruckingSurv