Canada Looking for expedite company in southern ont. Or that takes can drivers

ManicStreetSprinter

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Have a sprinter van.. live just outside Niagara Falls
On

Is there any other solid companies which are respectful of drivers and can average at least 1 dollar a mile loaded.. and not too many empty miles

I've tried Thompson..pival.. both under application review now anybody worked for either? I'm not even trying Tst.
Several smaller companies like GlG and Ff Express are not hiring now and apparently no one really leaves. I want to go long and be busy.. not interested in Michigan only and a company like Tst . Dynamex also isn't hiring and there you need your own insurance which with full disclosure on what you do costs over 600 a month!

Are any of the US based companies like load one or bolt worth trying as a Canadian. .being that I'm so close to border? I realize I can't do us to us which is bull but it is what it is
Maybe I should consider getting a us work visa and get apt across the falls in Ny

ManicStreetSprinter

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Anyone??
There must be someone out there who was once a Canadian driver but saw it was better to work for a states company
I did apply thru here at panther..bolt..load. .all state thinking they won't have enough trans border only to keep busy and attain my income levels.
Anyone got the work visa or green card? What was the process? I'm not ready to lose my Canada citizenship I just want to broaden my possibilities of work yet keep Ohip and taxes and my free rent where I am lol

akkshole

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Sorry friend, I am from Ohio. My company probably can go to Canada, I can also, have my passport and TWIC, but we do not run into Canada, usually take to TST crossdock.

bikerpaul

Expert Expediter
Try PTL.. When I worked there, I did a lot of loads to Canada. However, I was the ONLY one that had a passport and knew the ins and outs of successfully getting the loads through customs on both sides of the border, and I only went through at Detroit/Windsor.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Anyone??
There must be someone out there who was once a Canadian driver but saw it was better to work for a states company
I did apply thru here at panther..bolt..load. .all state thinking they won't have enough trans border only to keep busy and attain my income levels.
Anyone got the work visa or green card? What was the process? I'm not ready to lose my Canada citizenship I just want to broaden my possibilities of work yet keep Ohip and taxes and my free rent where I am lol
You can NOT lose your Canadian citizenship....scratch that off your list of worries...

Reactions: vanspek

awdsubaru

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have been with Thompson for approx 5 months now.... Michigan runs are a unfortunate reality..... being a company that hauls around 80% auto parts, Michigan is a huge part of there business. It's a tough go.... quite common to get a 180 mile run to Detroit, and then wait around 12-24hrs for a return trip. I recently had a run from Guelph to bowling Green KY, nice $$, but waited 24hrs for a return trip. Thompson is busy, but with almost 60 sprinter trucks, waiting for a load is a harsh reality. You must have patience.
Thompson is ALWAYS hiring. Don't believe the kijiji ads that state $100k....almost impossible to achieve. $80k would be a much more accurate figure.

Reactions: John Cassidy

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Check kijiji, believe it or not . . . i was looking for sprinter parts, if you type sprinter and search all categories I saw ads for Thompson RJR and such

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Check kijiji, believe it or not . . . i was looking for sprinter parts, if you type sprinter and search all categories I saw ads for Thompson RJR and such
Stay far away from RJR. Heard some horror stories about that company that were true.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Never worked there . . . Care to elaborate now I'm interested:D
Forced dispatch for one. Can't relocate. Made to wait for a second load and only get like $25 extra while then have to deliver direct from Laredo to Mi or even to Toronto. Is that enough for you or do you want more?

intrepid

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
It's a :censoredsign: industry. RJR has a bad rep. There is a guy named Richard Meyers ( Myers ?) to avoid at RTL, Round the Lakes, All around the Lakes, OTR, Over the Road or half a dozen other names he uses; Ontario New England and Kris Kay & Aberstar seem to have huge turnovers / driver complaints / pay problems and suits, Harrow, Synergy & Airroute ( not sure about spelling ) plus about 500 others I remember closed. Its an industry where its better to not be remembered I guess, because you remember cheaters and liers. The last decent start up I heard of was a company called Drivexpress, weekly checks that don't bounce and 60 cents a mile.

Reactions: John Cassidy

John Cassidy

Active Expediter
Researching
Hi Intrepid, thank you for that. I will look them up. I have heard the earthquake has slowed things down as well. When I was talking about net 70k I should clarify that's CDN not US :(( Big difference, that's about ahemm, err 45k US..